- Manufacturer Wolf
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Steel
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU MC22355FMJ
- Primer Type Berdan
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3130
- Magnetic Yes
- Q & A
The AR-15 is an awesome rifle. It packs a serious punch and will pretty much annihilate whatever targets you put in front of it, and if you use it to hunt, you’ll find it’s more than capable. If you own one of these big, bad guns, you know they’re fun, you know they’re powerful and you know you need a heaping case of ammunition to keep both you and your gun happy. AR-15s have actually been around since 1958 – that’s the year ArmaLite first made one – and although they’ve always been popular, they’ve definitely gained a broader fan following in recent years. If your AR-15 is chambered in .223 Remington, take a look at these affordable rounds for a fun time at your favorite outdoor spot.
At 55 grain these are lightweight rounds capable of high speeds. They’re Full Metal Jacket rounds and don’t expand on impact but simply tear through your target and keep on going, so you’d better have a good backstop in place when you go shooting. Each round zips to your chosen target at a muzzle velocity of 3241 feet per second and punches through with a muzzle energy of 1283 foot-pounds. This ammunition is made for target practice, tactical training, and plinking. So whether you need to get some range time in to gear up for hunting season or just want to blow away some water jugs, this ammo will keep your gun fed and firing.
With 500 rounds in this box of ammo you’re going to be able to destroy quite a few targets. This ammunition is made by Wolf, which is a subsidiary of Tula, a legendary company in the ammunition world. They’re also Wolf’s Military Classic rounds and are designed according to the higher standards of the military. Tula manufactures ammunition at their 300-year-old plant in Tula, Russia. With three centuries of experience behind them you can be sure they know what they’re doing, and what they’re doing here is keeping your AR-15 loaded. Steel cases with a polymer coating for dependable cycling are used to save you money. Order now and treat your AR-15 to a hearty Russian meal.
(This ammunition is steel-cased. Some ranges do not allow rounds with steel cases, so make sure you double check before trying to use this ammunition at your area range.)
Attention: Wolf Ammo recommends against using this product with any Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifles. See http://wolfammo.com/advisory.html for details.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Blew through 200 rounds of this stuff last week at the range with absolutely zero failures, going to buy another case ri ...
Great ammoon 7/12/2017
Great ammunition - especially for the price. Went through about 400 rounds in one sitting and never had a single problem. Definitely going to purchase more.
Add your review to this Wolf 55gr FMJ .223 Ammo
- How much would a block of 500 cost including shipping Posted On: 3/29/2021 By: Dennis
- Thanks for reaching out Dennis! We don't have this ammo in stock at the moment, but we'll update its price tag as soon as we get more in our warehouse.
- Is there a limit on buying bulk ammo ? When will you have 223 bulk in stock ? Can you email me when you restock ? Posted On: 1/31/2021 By: Robert McManus
- Thanks for reaching out Robert! There is no purchase limit. I can't promise exactly when we'll get more bulk ammo in stock, nor have we got a system in place to alert our customers when ammo is back in stock. We do update our inventory frequently, though, so I hope you'll check back in again soon to see how we can be of better service to you!
- 223 ammo 500 rounds when will it be available Posted On: 1/22/2021 By: Ervin Earnshaw
- Thanks for reaching out Ervin! I can't in all fairness promise exactly when we'll get this ammo back in stock. We would like to get it back in store as quickly as possible, though, so I hope you'll check back in soon to see what we can do for you. We update our inventory very frequently!