- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 40gr
- Projectile Type LRN
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 3250
- Caliber .22 LR
- Manufacturer SKU AM22
- Primer Type Rimfire
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1200
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 128
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50029465057355
- Cost Per Round 4.6¢ per round
- Q & A
This round’s lead round nose bullet doesn’t only help it stay affordable. Such a bullet’s uniform composition gives it great rotational stability, and its aerodynamic meplat aids it a lot on its course downrange. Lead is soft, naturally, so you’ll find this bullet able to deform slightly during penetration to make it effective for hunting small varmints.
Federal’s brass casing is exactly drawn and ready to feed into and eject out of any semi-automatic rifle or pistol that you might run it through. This round’s propellant will produce a supersonic muzzle velocity, making its report satisfyingly cracking and its trajectory nice and flat.
Add your review to this Federal 40gr LRN .22 LR Ammo
- I have been using the ultra match and love it, but I understand it has been discontinued. Would this be comparable or is there a replacement that Federal made for the ultra match Posted On: 9/19/2019 By: Rod
- This would be a great alternative to the Ultra Max. Another alternative by federal can be found here https://www.ammoforsale.com/federal-22-lr-ammo-for-sale-22lr40solidfedpremgm-500
- Please list the velocity Posted On: 8/10/2017 By: Jan
- Hi Jan, The published muzzle velocity from the manufacturer is 1200 FPS on this ammunition.