- .223 Ammo For Sale
- .243 Win Ammo For Sale
- .270 Win Ammo For Sale
- 30-06 Ammo For Sale
- 30-30 Win Ammo For Sale
- 300 BLK Ammo For Sale
- .308 Win Ammo For Sale
- 50 BMG Ammo For Sale
- 5.56x45 Ammo For Sale
- 5.7x28mm Ammo For Sale
There are literally hundreds of types of rifle ammo for sale on the market today, some of which are much more popular than others. However, there are two main categories that each rifle cartridge falls under – rimfire and centerfire.
A rimfire cartridge is a firearm cartridge in which the firing pin strikes the rim of the cartridge base. The rim of a rimfire cartridge is a wide and long percussion cap that holds priming compound, and the cartridge case contains the gunpowder and the bullet. Rimfire cartridges are some of the only rifle ammo for sale that can’t be reloaded after the first firing, since the head is reshaped by firing pin impact. Rimfire ammo can only be utilized in low pressure calibers, since they require a thin case for the primer to be ignited by the firing pin. Therefore, rimfires are generally .22 caliber or less.
A centerfire cartridge is a type of rifle ammo for sale in which the primer is contained in the center of the cartridge case head. The primer in a centerfire cartridge is separate and therefore replaceable, unlike rimfire cartridges. Thus, the rimfire cartridge is only used in the smallest cartridge sizes, but almost all modern rifle ammunition on sale is centerfire.
The obvious advantage of a centerfire cartridge is that they can be reused. Centerfire cartridges are also capable of much higher powered loads than the rimfire cartridges. Although centerfire cartridges are slightly more expensive, they are the perfect choice for hunting big game.
Out of all of the rifle ammo for sale in America today, the following are probably the most popular:
Although there are hundreds of different kinds of rifle ammo for sale at the moment, the above ammo types are the most notable and important. All rifle ammo is either rimfire or centerfire, with the latter being the more dominant ammunition type.
Frequently asked questions about Rifle Ammo
- What round is bigger than a 50 cal?
- There are several but 600 and 700 Nitro Express are a commonly found larger rounds than 50 Cal.
- What is the best all around hunting rifle caliber?
- Many sportsmen will give you different answers to this question. The .223 Remington, .308 and 30-06 are all well respected all-around hunting calibers.
- What caliber is bigger than a 308?
- There are several larger than .308. One is the 50 BMG cartridge. It's .510 inches in diameter compared to the .308 inch diameter of the .308.
- What is the biggest rifle round?
- The 950 JDJ is the largest rifle round in the world. It has a 2400 grain bullet and travels 2100 feet per second.
- What is the deadliest bullet?
- The deadliest bullet depends on a number of variables. Typically, you'll want to shoot a rifle caliber jacketed hollow point bullet to neutralize a threat.
- What caliber is bigger than a 30 06?
- There are many calibers larger than 30-06. 338 Win Mag is one example. It has a bullet diameter of .338 compared to the 30-06's .308 diameter.