- Manufacturer Hornady
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 45gr
- Projectile Type FTX
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 2000
- Caliber .22 WMR
- Manufacturer SKU 83200
- Primer Type Rimfire
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1000
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 100
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10090255832003
- Q & A
Hornady loads their Critical Defense label 22 Magnum round with the 45 grain FTX. Don’t be put off by this round’s seemingly anemic 1,000 fps muzzle velocity and 100 ft lbs muzzle energy. Those numbers only seem low because Hornady recorded this round’s specs with a 1-7/8” barrel. The faster muzzle velocities you see from other manufacturers’ 22 Mag loads were recorded with rifle-length barrels.
This round’s 45 grain bullet weighs a little more than usual, which gives it more of the momentum it needs to reliably punch through clothing and muscle tissue. The FTX is a jacketed hollow point, with notches surrounding its rim to ensure wider expansion at lower velocities. The FTX’s nose cavity contains a polymer plug that prevents it from clogging up with debris before it can unleash damaging terminal expansion.
This ammo’s nickel-plated brass cases don’t just prevent corrosion. They also facilitate smoother feeding and extraction in semi-autos and derringers alike. This ammunition is also charged up with flash-suppressed powder, which will help keep your eyes acclimated to a dark environment so you can continue aiming accurately!
Add your review to this 2000 Rounds of 45gr FTX .22 WMR Ammo by Hornady
- Do you have any dealers that you deal with in San Jose, California? Thanks, Mike Posted On: 3/14/2019 By: MIKE GULAS
- We have a few FFLs in the San Jose area that we work with! Upon check out, the website will prompt you to choose from our list of dealers in your area. The website lists them from closest to farthest.