- Manufacturer Rio Ammunition
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight Not Applicable
- Projectile Type #00 Buck
- Ammo Use Type Buckshot
- Quantity 5
- Caliber 12ga
- Manufacturer SKU RB129
- Shot Material Lead
- Shell Length 2-3/4"
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1345
- UPC Barcode 8435101600026
- Q & A
The factory where the propellants for Rio Ammunition’s cartridges is produced in nestled in the mountains in a thick forest. Located in Galdacano, which is in Northern Spain, the company says their top priorities are quality and safety, and the factory covers a whopping 4 million square yards. They’ve been in business since 1896 and use state-of-the-art technology in the creation of their ammunition. One tweak they’ve made is to use only single-base powders, citing safer explosion and a cleaner burn. These shells are manufactured with you, the dedicated firearms enthusiast, in mind.
There are 9 pellets loaded into each of these 2 ¾” long shells. According to Rio, they use a proprietary die-pressing process to ensure “outstanding” roundness in every pellet, and shotgun owners who have used these have been enthused with the results. Reviews say they are amazingly powerful and will tear through almost anything 20 yards out. They also note the shells feed well and provide excellent, tight spreads. These are well-made shells available at an affordable price. They have a muzzle velocity of 1,345 feet per second.
Many deer hunters prefer these 00 buck loads for their ability to hit hard and deliver multiple devastating wound tracks all at once. They are also good for home defense and are strong enough to blow through doors, shoot off locks, and breach walls. And, of course, if you just want to take your shotgun out and destroy some targets, they’re great for that as well. Rio puts their nearly-120 years of experience into these shells; there are 5 in the box, so why not give them a try? Know you love these shells already? Pick up the 250 round package of these Rio 12 gauge shells here today!
Add your review to this Rio Ammunition 12ga 2-3/4" Lead Ammo
- where is this product made at?? thanks dan Posted On: 8/8/2011 By: Wilbur Riddlebarger
- Rio ammunition has manufacturing facilities in both the United States and in Spain. Their US facility located in Tennessee focuses on loading both target and lighter hunting loads. All of Rio's buckshot and slug loads are loaded in Spain and are then imported into the U.S. market.