- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Weight 36gr
- Projectile Type CPHP
- Ammo Use Type Varmint Hunting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 5550
- Caliber .22 LR
- Manufacturer SKU 22LR555HP
- Primer Type Rimfire
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1280
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 131
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 020892102484
- Cost Per Round 3.9¢ per round
- Q & A
If you have a pest problem on your property, there’s a simple solution: .22LR. When it comes to smaller pests and varmints like squirrels, crows, and even fox,.22LR is absolutely capable of dealing with the problem in a permanent fashion. Of course, that kind of pest control does require some excellent shot placement, so you’re in luck, because this is a really big box of Winchester ammunition. Even better, the .22LR is popular in part because it has almost no recoil and it’s easy to master, so it won’t take too long to improve your marksmanship to the point of successful pest control.
These are lightweight 36 grain rounds, and that means they’re going to leave the barrel of your gun with real speed. They’re CPHP rounds and expand on impact while also slowing down, so they’re capable of delivering a clean kill without over-penetration. Each round moves down-range with a muzzle velocity of 1280 feet per second. This ammunition is a great option for pest control and also good for target practice and plinking. After all, we all know how fun it is to spend a day slinging lead down-range with your .22, so you’d better make sure you have enough ammunition left over after pest control time for some plain fun plinking.
With 5550 rounds in this box you should have more than enough ammunition to handle your pest problem and still go plinking. This ammunition is made by Winchester, a company that was founded in 1866 and made their first big mark on the gun world by producing the lever-action rifle that became known as the Gun That Won the West. Winchester’s been manufacturing ammunition for 150 years and it’s always made in America and manufactured according to stringent standards. They believe in quality, and it shows in the fantastic performance of their firearms and ammunition. Feed your gun ammunition made by the company with Wild West roots; buy Winchester, and go shooting.
Add your review to this Winchester 36gr CPHP .22 LR Ammo
- What if the foot pounds of this ammo. Posted On: 11/29/18 By: Wes Breakfield
- Thank you for your question! With a mass of 36 grains and a muzzle velocity of 1280 fps, there will be an estimated 130 ft lbs of energy at the muzzle.
- is this ammo ok for indoor ranges Posted On: 6/24/18 By: WILLIAM HARMIS
- Hello William, This ammunition is a standard copper plated lead projectile that contains no steel. You should have no issues using this ammunition at any indoor range.