- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 125
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU USA193125
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3180
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1235
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 020892231016
- Cost Per Round 64.8¢ per round
- Q & A
These are real simple peas-and-carrots M193 cartridges, loaded with the 55 grain full metal projectiles that most folks prefer for their AR-style rifles. Winchester’s budget-friendly FMJ consists of a solid lead core and a copper-alloy jacket, so it cannot attract a magnet. This ball ammunition is all you need for rewarding plinking and more serious target practice, and it’s also a good thing to tuck away for a rainy day. The M193 bullet will fragment apart to produce multiple wound channels if it strikes soft tissue at a velocity higher than about 2,600 fps!
Looking for reloadable ammo? Then you’ll soundly approve of Winchester’s non-corrosive Boxer-primed 5.56, which is loaded with robust heat-treated brass shell casings. Winchester doesn’t polish this ammo’s cases, so you can still see the cosmetic discoloration around their shoulders and necks where they were annealed.
Add your review to this 125 Rounds of 55gr FMJ M193 5.56x45 Ammo by Winchester
- what is the best ammunition for a AR-15 S&W MP rifle Posted On: 7/30/2022 By: larry Austin
- Thanks for reaching out Larry! Your S&W should reliably fire most any 5.56x45 ammunition you could purchase for it. If you're just looking for paper punchers to take to the range, then I expect you'll be pleased with this military-grade ammunition's performance. But if you're looking for ammo for varmint hunting, deer hunting, long-distance shooting or home defense then I'd recommend something else to you. Please let me know what you have in mind!