- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU PD45P1
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 890
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 404
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 604544659030
- Cost Per Round $1.40 per round
- Q & A
This round is loaded with a 230 grain jacketed hollow point projectile. The JHP’s jacket has several evenly laid out skives radiating from its nose cavity. These weaken the jacket, which helps it to break open as it controls fast and uniform expansion. The JHP’s lead core is soft yet substantial enough to assure penetration to a threat’s vital area, even if they’re wearing thick clothing.
Federal plates their Punch loads’ factory fresh brass cases with nickel. This metal is reflective to facilitate a chamber check in low light, corrosion resistant to ward off tarnishing that could impact performance, and sleek to reduce friction which could hinder smooth cycling. These rounds’ non-corrosive primers are sealed for even greater protection against water.
Add your review to this 20 Rounds of 230gr JHP .45 ACP Ammo by Federal Punch
- Who has some knowledge & experience with the home and self defense handgun rounds available? Posted On: 10/1/2021 By: Ron De Persia
- I do, sir. Please ask me anything you'd like to know about ammo. I check questions several times a day!