- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type Penetrator
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU USA855K
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3060
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1289
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode 020892228474
- Q & A
This 5.56x45 cartridge features a 62 grain penetrator bullet. On the outside it’s exactly the same as any other FMJ – just a lead base and copper jacket that promotes positive functionality in a semi-automatic. The green paint on the bullet’s tip signals that it has seven grains of steel inside. (Thus making it magnetic.) Its steel core helps the bullet pass through steel plating, and also fortifies it for deeper penetration into soft-tissue. There’s a good chance an M855 bullet will yaw inside of soft tissue, as a matter of fact, causing it to fracture and deliver multiple wound channels.
Winchester loads a 5.56x45 cartridge with a new brass case. These rounds’ cases look a little scorched, which leads many to believe they’ve already been fired and reloaded. That’s not the case, so to speak – Winchester simply used cases that weren’t buffed up after being heat-treated for performance-enhancing malleability. This ammo also shoots clean with its low residue propellant and non-corrosive primers.
Add your review to this Winchester 62gr Penetrator 5.56x45 Ammo
- Are these legal in Maryland and if so can they be shipped as well Posted On: 1/28/2021 By: James
- Thanks for reaching out James! Please contact our customer service team at 800-317-9506 or email@example.com for any questions you might have about shipping M855 ammo to Maryland.
- Is this ammo sold in quantities of 200 or 250 rounds per box? And what is the cost? Posted On: 11/16/2020 By: Varney Smith
- Hi Varney! We're currently only offering this ammo in increments of 20.
- Does this ammo work in a Smith and Wesson MP 15? Posted On: 11/13/2020 By: Marcus
- Yes sir, this is the ammo you want for the M&P15!