- Manufacturer Hornady
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 68gr
- Projectile Type HPBT
- Ammo Use Type Match Shooting, Range Training, Varmint Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU FR160
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2960
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1323
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 090255711387
- Cost Per Round $1.15 per round
- Q & A
The BTHP Match’s hollow point isn’t there to cause expansion when it meets resistance from soft tissue. It’s proof that the lead core was poured into place within the jacket, thus form-fitting to it as it cooled. So evenly distributed a core is well complemented by Hornady’s own AMP jacket which has almost zero concentricity flaws. The BTHP Match doesn’t get bogged down by very much drag while it’s in flight, as its sweeping secant ogive profile and boat tail both encounter little air resistance.
A 68 grain bullet offers the best accuracy out of a 1:8 twist barrel, but a 1:7 or 1:9 twist should prove serviceable as well. Under the best circumstances this round’s bullet will have a 0.355 G1 ballistic coefficient when fired out of a 24” barrel.
Frontier ammo has great brass cases for reloaders, as well as non-corrosive primers that won’t rust up a barrel. This long-distance shooting ammo is devoid of steel and 100 percent nonmagnetic.
Add your review to this Hornady 68gr HPBT .223 Ammo
- Is this round equivalent to 5.56x45, will it chamber to an AR15 that uses 5.56x45 Posted On: 4/13/2021 By: Rogers Ron
- Thanks for reaching out Ron! A rifle chambered for 5.56x45 can also safely fire 223 Rem. The rounds share virtually identical dimensions, and the 223 is loaded to a slightly lower pressure so it can't damage a 5.56 chamber.
- Does the ammo delivered to me or do i have to pick it up from a store for pick up? Posted On: 3/26/2021 By: Noe bentancourt
- Thanks for reaching out Noe! In most states we can deliver right to our customer's doorstep. If you'd like to tell me which state you live in, I can give you a definitive answer.
- Is this round good for hunting? Posted On: 3/21/2021 By: Larry Rocquin
- Thanks for reaching out Larry! A BTHP bullet is designed solely for superior accuracy, and with very few exceptions does not expand inside of soft tissue. As such I wouldn't recommend this ammo for hunting anything larger than varmints. I am happy to say that we have got excellent 223 hunting ammo in stock at the moment: ammoforsale.com/australian-defense-industries-223-ammo-for-sale-223rem55bkaob223sbkadioutback-20. This ammo is optimal for varmints, predators, and other smaller game.
- what is my total of order Posted On: 2/13/2021 By: jack clements
- Hi Jack! You can see your order total by clicking the little shopping cart icon on the top right corner of the page. That will give you the next steps for checkout as well. If you need any further assistance then I welcome you to reach out to our customer service team at 800-581-0293 or email@example.com
- what is availability of Hornnady ammo in .223 Posted On: 2/13/2021 By: jack clements
- Thanks for reaching out Jack! As I write we have 73 boxes of this ammo in stock.