- Manufacturer Speer
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 180gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .40 S&W
- Manufacturer SKU 53999
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 910
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 331
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 076683539991
- Cost Per Round 99.9¢ per round
- Q & A
This round’s 180 grain bullet is absolutely fine-tuned for self-defense. Like its predecessor, the G2 also features an electrochemically bonded jacket. This keeps the bullet intact even if it must defeat a barrier as rugged as sheet metal before it can sink deeply into its target.
The G2 bullet looks different from a conventional JHP because its nose cavity is very shallow and filled with flexible elastomer. This prevents the nose cavity from clogging with debris and losing its ability to trigger terminal expansion, and also helps it to feed more reliably in a semi-auto. During penetration, the elastomer forces its way down into the fissures within the lead core, triggering very wide and very uniform expansion. Combined with its heightened tendency to penetrate deeply, the G2 is an absolute showstopper when it comes to personal protection.
This round’s brass case is plated with corrosion resistant nickel for better assured functionality in the long run. Nickel also generates less friction during feeding and extraction than bare brass could have, helping to avoid a potentially dangerous jam. Clean burning propellant and primers limit this ammo’s impact on your firearm, leaving you better equipped to defend yourself out on the streets.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 180gr JHP .40 S&W Ammo by Speer
- Is the speer g2 40 caliber +P?? I know the 9mm is +P. I own a Taurus G2C 9mm handgun which can't shoot +P ammo and a kel-tec sub 2000 40 caliber and was curious if the 40 cal is +P and if it is can the kel-tec can shoot it Posted On: 5/30/2022 By: Randy L
- Thanks for reaching out Randy! There are EXTREMELY few factory loaded 40 S&W +P cartridges, and to my knowledge they are exclusively made by Buffalo Bore. This Speer ammunition is certainly standard pressure 40 S&W, and if your carbine is rated for 40 S&W then it should indeed function correctly with this police grade ammo.