- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 115gr
- Projectile Type TSJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU AE9SJ1
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1130
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 326
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50004544617408
- Cost Per Round 40.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Because even its base is covered by the TSJ, this bullet will produce drastically less toxic fumes when it’s exposed to hot propellant gasses. That feat is nicely complemented by this round’s Catalyst primer, which has no lead within it -- the result is a round that’s far healthier to fire in indoor ranges. As a bonus, this round delivers noticeably less recoil, giving you a more comfortable shooting experience and the ability to fire rapid follow-up shots.
Great target practice ammunitionon 4/5/2020
I’ve run this ammo through my ruger lc9s and my Springfield xd-s 4.0 several time and i love the consistency and quality control. In the 200 rounds I have purchased recently, it shoots straight (as I am capable of) in addition, there was less gun cleaning required.
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 115gr Total Synthetic Jacket 9mm Ammo by Federal
- Can you reload this cartridge? The projectile is synthetic, so is it plastic? Posted On: 4/9/2020 By: John Bodnar
- Hello, John! This round's new production brass shell casing makes it perfect for reloading. The bullet itself contains a traditional lead core, but its jacket is made of a special polymer that prevents metal-on-metal friction in the bore. As the result it prevents lead and copper fouling, and also drastically lowers the chance of dangerous splash-back when you're shooting steel. It also lowers friction to extend the life of your barrel.