- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 147gr
- Projectile Type Full Metal Jacket Enclosed Base (FMJE)
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU SUP9
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 990
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 320
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode R1021202110910
- Q & A
This round doesn’t achieve its subsonic muzzle velocity with the aid of a weaker propellant charge. Its bullet is just on the heavy end of the spectrum at 147 grains, so it’ll still generate sufficient chamber pressure to cycle semi-autos.
This round’s FMJ encapsulated bullet wears a little brass disc on its base. This prohibits ingition’s white hot propellant gasses from accessing the FMJ’s lead core, which in turn prevents the accumulation of lead residue inside a firearm’s barrel and suppressor. Enjoy better accuracy in between cleanings, and spend less time scrubbing barrels and baffles!
This suppressor-friendly ammo is loaded with clean-burning powder for even more sanitary performance, as well as premium brass cases that you’ll want to reload back at home. Fifty rounds to a box, ten boxes to a case!
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 147gr FMJ Encapsulated 9mm Ammo by Winchester
- What exactly is encapsulated ammo? Posted On: 6/7/2022 By: Greg
- Thanks for reaching out Greg! A standard full metal jacket (FMJ) bullet leaves its lead core exposed at its base. This allows hot propellant gasses to vaporize lead from the bullet's core during ignition, which accelerates barrel fouling and produces more toxic gas for the shooter to inhale. When an FMJ has an encapsulated base, that means a small brass disc shields its base. An encapsulated base thus prevents hot propellant gasses from vaporizing any part of the bullet's lead core.