- Manufacturer Remington
- Condition New
- Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU L45AP4
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 835
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 356
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 047700067810
- Cost Per Round 28.0¢ per round
- Q & A
When SOCOM (Special Operations COMmand) took issue with the U.S. Military’s expecting SOF (Special Operations Forces) to carry 9mm’s on missions, they decided to go about fixing it in the usual way: conducting a study. The story of the study is a little random and often entertaining, but in the end this little venture – the Joint Combat Pistol Study – bore the firearms fruit many expected: .45 ACP. It makes sense, really, because it’s one big cartridge, especially when you consider the rules of the Hague Convention, which demand our troops only use ball ammo in combat. The .45 ACP is capable of making crippling wound tracks even with FMJ rounds, so it’s no surprise all that led to the Navy SEALs using it as their standard carry – and, yes, they still do.
At 230 grain these are the heavyweights of the .45 ACP world. They still move plenty fast, and that added weight makes them capable of slamming home with real strength. After all, if your ammunition doesn’t pack a punch, what good is it? These are MC rounds – that’s Remington’s name for FMJ – and they’re fantastic for target practice, shooting drills, and plinking. They have good speed with a muzzle velocity of 835 feet per second and deliver solid impacts with muzzle energy at 356 foot-pounds. Remington manufactures this ammunition in new-production, non-corrosive brass cases with boxer primer, and you know what that means: reloadable, and less friction in your gun’s barrel.
You get 500 target rounds when you order this box of ammo. Remington manufactures its ammunition at their plant in Lonoke, Arkansas, and all their products must adhere to strict specifications. When the company was founded in 1816 by Eliphalet Remington, he couldn’t possibly have guessed it would become the powerhouse it has today. The name of Remington is synonymous with quality; when you load your gun with their ammunition, you know what you’re getting, and you know it’s good – no, you know it’s great. Get your order in fast whether you plan to use it to increase your stash or hit the range asap. Either way, you need ammo; we all know it.
Add your review to Add Your Review of this Remington 230gr FMJ .45 ACP Ammo
- Is the case steel or brass??? Posted On: 1/17/14 By: steve
- Hi Steve, The cases for the .45 ACP 230gr. MC rounds by Remington are brass cased, not steel.
- Is this ammo NEW or RELOADS ? Posted On: 2/14/13 By: Gary
- This 45ACP Remington UMC ammunition is factory new. All rounds are loaded with Remington's premium ammunition components which are non corrosive. The brass is boxer primed which may be saved for reloading. The UMC brand from Remington is one of the most popular rounds used for target practice and competitive shooting.