- Manufacturer Barnaul
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass Plated Steel
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .223
- Primer Type Berdan
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3261
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1299
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode R042620218919
- Q & A
This 223 Rem ammo has pure steel cases – well, almost. Barnaul plates the cases with a thin layer of brass, which help them to create less friction while they cycle as well as resist corrosion. We just want you to be very certain that these are steel cases despite their appearance, so don’t make any plans to reload them!
This ammo additionally features bimetal jackets. The 55 grain full metal jacket bullets are copper washed, but their jackets are otherwise made of soft steel. A bimetal jacketed bullet won’t harm a barrel or behave any differently in flight, but it is certain to attract a magnet.
Berdan primed ammo performs indistinguishably from the American Boxer primed alternative. Barnaul’s primers are also non-corrosive, so ignition won’t blast caustic salts throughout your semi-auto.
Add your review to this Barnaul 55gr FMJ .223 Ammo
- I just bought 250 rounds of tulammo from another supplier and had over 150 duds in them are these gonna do the same Posted On: 6/28/2021 By: Scott Oldenburg
- Thanks for reaching out Scott! Barnaul is a different company from TulAmmo and loads their ammunition in a different factory. I can't guarantee your rifle is going to like this ammo without testing it out myself, but I haven't had any problems with Barnaul's ammo in my own AR-15.