- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type Penetrator
- Ammo Use Type Range Training, Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU WM855500
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3060
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1289
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode 020892229280
- Q & A
The M855 bullet deserves its nickname – the penetrator. The rear half of the penetrator’s core is made of standard lead, but the front half is pure steel. So hard a bullet can turn a sheet of steel into Swiss cheese, and its effect on other barriers like plywood and drywall is the same.
In addition to being magnetic, this ammo comes with one more caveat: No shooting steel targets! The penetrator bullet poses a heightened risk of ricochet, and it will likely damage your target.
This round’s 62 grain FMJ sits in a factory fresh brass case. Lots of folks get a look at the case’s mottled shoulder and ask if it’s reloaded or tarnished. The discoloration is actually cosmetic, and it’s only there because these cases have been heat-treated for extra ruggedness!
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 62gr FMJ M855 5.56x45 Ammo by Winchester
- When in stock, what is the price for 500rds of 5.56/223cal 62gr ammo? Posted On: 6/16/2022 By: Steve
- Hi Steve, https://www.ammoforsale.com/5.56x45-ammo-for-sale?quantity=87 You can save this link and see what we have in 500 round lots anytime. We do have Winchester on sale today. Check it out to see if that will suit your needs. Ross