- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type FMJBT
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU AE223N
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3020
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1255
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50029465093483
- Cost Per Round 66.0¢ per round
- Q & A
This cartridge is loaded with a 62 grain full metal jacket boat tail bullet. If you’re familiar with 5.56 M855 ammo, then you might see the number 62 and instinctively wonder if the bullet is magnetic. That’s not the case here, because Federal’s high-quality FMJBT does not contain steel. It’s just a solid point copper alloy jacket with a lead core that ends in a ballistically efficient boat tail.
Its slightly heavier bullet means this ammunition provides relatively better long-range accuracy. Whereas a typical 55gr load’s G1 ballistic coefficient is 0.243, this 62gr load’s G1 BC is 0.307. If those numbers don’t mean anything to you, just know that a higher BC means the bullet is better at overcoming air resistance. The result is a trajectory that stays flatter and safer from wind deflection.
American Eagle series ammo is perfect for high-volume shooting, but it doesn’t skimp out on the reloadable brass cases and reliable noncorrosive Boxer primers so many shooters insist on.
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 62gr FMJBT .223 Ammo by Federal
- Is this ammo boxed (20 per box) pr is it in bulk Posted On: 11/8/2016 By: Richard
- Hello Richard, This ammunition is packaged in 20 round boxes with 25 boxes per case.