- Manufacturer Black Hills Ammunition
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 77gr
- Projectile Type OTM
- Ammo Use Type Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU D556N9
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2750
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1293
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 612710126408
- Q & A
This round’s 77 grain bullet is heavier than usual. It uses its extra mass to conserve more momentum as it courses downrange, and resists wind drift more effectively than a conventional 55 grain bullet could manage.
In addition to its greater inertia, the open tip match boasts superior gyroscopic stability. Between its precision-formed jacket and injection-molded lead core, the OTM lacks significant imbalances that could have tilted its tip away from its target. Note that the OTM is not an expanding bullet, nor is it an especially durable one. Other bullets which mushroom outward and stay more intact after impact are more suitable for hunting and home defense.
Black Hills neatly seats so precise a bullet in the mouth of a virgin brass case, with a visibly annealed neck and match primer behind it. The only thing more impressive than this ammo’s accuracy is the speed of our shipping.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 77gr OTM 5.56x45 Ammo by Black Hills Ammunition
- Any idea when this will be back in stock. Posted On: 11/10/2021 By: Byron Stevens
- Thanks for reaching out! I cannot promise exactly when we'll get a certain type of ammunition back in stock, and we don't have a system in place to alert our customers when ammo is back in stock. We do update our inventory very often, so I hope you'll check back in again soon!