- Manufacturer CCI
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 40gr
- Projectile Type CPHP
- Ammo Use Type Range Training, Varmint Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 5000
- Caliber .22 LR
- Manufacturer SKU 47
- Primer Type Rimfire
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1435
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 183
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10076683000474
- Cost Per Round 10.4¢ per round
- Q & A
There’s no high-volume shooter like a .22LR shooter. Your .22LR is a versatile firearm, capable of more than just plinking: it’s ideal for training new shooters, fantastic for dealing with varmints and pests, and an enjoyable way to hone your own marksmanship skills. It’s been around since 1887 and has enjoyed years of popularity thanks to its almost nonexistent recoil, low cost, and surprisingly lack of sound. Whether you own a new Marlin or an older Remington capable of taking multiple lengths of .22 cartridges, these CCI .22LR 40 grain CPHP rounds will keep it fed – at impressively high speeds.
These are CCI’s Velocitor rounds. CCI was founded in 1951 by Richard Speer, a Boeing machinist, and although they manufacture more than one cartridge, they’re renowned for their .22’s, and these .22LR Velocitors in particular are pure genius. At 40 grain they’re lightweight while also the standard weight for the cartridge; being light gives them greater speed capabilities, but CCI takes it a step further, making them even faster. When you’re handling pest control, you need amazing speed, and these Velocitor rounds have a muzzle velocity of 1,435 feet per second. They also have a muzzle energy of 183 foot-pounds, so with proper shot placement, you can handle crows, gophers, foxes, and other varmints.
There are 5,000 rounds in this case of high-velocity ammunition, so you can increase or start your stockpile or spend some serious time firing your .22LR-chambered firearm. These are CPHP rounds; they’re copper-plated, which keeps your gun cleaner, and they’re hollow points, so they expand slightly on impact. CCI manufactures all their ammunition at their long-time plant in Lewiston, Idaho, right near the Snake River. If you want .22LR with real speed, you want CCI’s Velocitor.
Add your review to this CCI 40gr CPHP .22 LR Ammo
- Hi There, do you have a back in stock alert for this ammo? Posted On: 12/12/2020 By: Mike Birdsall
- Sorry sir, but we haven't got a system in place to alert our customers when ammo is back in stock. We do update our site all the time – even during this ammo drought – so I hope you'll check back in again soon to see what we can do for you!