- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type FMJBT
- Ammo Use Type Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU AE223N
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3020
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1255
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465093488
- Cost Per Round 45.0¢ per round
- Q & A
For a day of plinking with your AR, these Federal .223 62 grain FMJBT rounds are fantastic. Federal makes their target rounds according to the same stringent specifications as their premium line, so you can be confident in the quality of this ammunition. Nothing beats American-made ammunition, and with Federal you get an American product with decades and generations of tradition behind it. They’ve been manufacturing ammunition in the woods of Minnesota since 1922 with an eye for design and a commitment to excellence.
If you reload, these .223 rounds are a great fit. They’re made using fresh brass cases and boxer priming, so not only are they reloadable, but the process is easier. There just isn’t much better in life than collecting your brass, reloading, and using it all over again. And for the life of your rifle’s barrel, they’re also non-corrosive. Experienced shooters say their rifles don’t accumulate excess residue and are enthusiastic about this ammunition’s capability for tight grouping.
The fact that these are FMJ-BT (full metal jacket – boat-tail) makes them ideal for your target needs. The boat tail feature helps to keep their trajectory even and improve long-range shots. A moderate weight of 62 grain gives these rounds enough heft to punch a neat hole through your target while still maintaining a decent speed. These have a muzzle velocity of 3,020 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 1,255 foot-pounds. With 20 rounds in this box, you and your rifle will get enough of a taste for Federal’s affordable target rounds to be hooked for good.
Add your review to this Federal 62gr FMJBT .223 Ammo
- Is this ammo available by the case? If yes, how many boxes to a case and what would the case price be? Many thanks. Regards, Mike Posted On: 3/6/2019 By: Michael Krick
- Hi Mike, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately right now the only quantities we have the 62 grain FMJ .223 in is the single 20 round boxes. When we get in a larger shipment, we should have case lots available for purchase and they will be listed on the website. If you search by grain weight you should be able to find the case as soon as it is in stock. Sadly as prices have been known to shift dramatically from one shipment to the next, we do not provide estimates for items that are not currently in stock. Once we have more on hand, the price will show up along with the case lot for these.
- What is the muzzle velocity / energy of this 62 grain round? Posted On: 6/9/2014 By: Juan Tenorio
- Hello Juan, These 62gr. FMJBT rounds by Federal in .223 have a muzzle velocity of 3020 fps. They make great target rounds for your .223 firearm.