- Manufacturer Hornady
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 75gr
- Projectile Type HPBT
- Ammo Use Type Match Shooting, Varmint Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 200
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU 81264
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2910
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1410
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10090255812647
- Q & A
For AR aficionados serious about their shooting skills, these faster-than-your-average-speeding-bullet rounds are made just for you. Their unique design and careful attention to detail has resulted in a 5.56 NATO round you’ll find both impressive and addictive. This ammunition has it all: match-grade accuracy, speed, stopping power, and did we mention it flies along at 100 to 200 feet per second faster than similar rounds? When Hornady designed this ammunition, they broke the mold.
These rounds are 75 grain, making them a good weight for target practice and training for competitions. Their muzzle velocity is 2910 feet per second, so they leave your rifle at a mind-boggling speed. And they boast a muzzle energy of 1410 foot-pounds, and that means whatever your target may be, this ammunition hits hard and doesn’t say it’s sorry.
You’ll notice a number of brilliant features on these rounds. They have a special geometric profile called a secant olgive that produces low drag and is designed for optimal in-flight stability. And that’s just the beginning. Their amazing balance is due in part to their swaged lead core while the BTHP maximizes accuracy and ballistic coefficiency. The bottom line is that you simply cannot hope for more from a match-grade 5.56 NATO round.
Hornady’s ammunition is American made at their plant in Grand Island, Nebraska. More than six decades ago, Joyce Hornady founded the company and began a tradition of nearly unparalleled excellence that continues to this day. There are 200 rounds in this box of ammunition, and that means you can spend some quality time honing your marksmanship skills and enjoy putting top-tier rounds down-range. In fact, don’t just order one box, order at least two.
(Although 5.56x45 NATO does fit in a .223 Remington chamber, the 5.56 is a military, high-pressure round and is not recommended for use in a .223 Remington chamber.)
Add your review to this Hornady 75gr HPBT 5.56x45 Ammo
- Hi, can i use for AR 556? thank you! Posted On: 4/28/2020 By: sai long
- Hello Sai! If your AR-15 is chambered for 5.56x45 (aka 5.56 NATO), it can fire this ammunition. Just note that this round is specialized for long-distance shooting and does better with a faster barrel twist. If you're looking for more conventional range ammo for your rifle, I'd recommend Federal American Eagle: ammoforsale.com/federal-5-56x45-ammo-for-sale-556x45mm55fmjxm193fed-500. You'll get more than twice the ammo for half the price, and still enjoy the accuracy you need at most practical distances.