- Manufacturer Hornady
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 124gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 25
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU 90242
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1110
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 339
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 090255902426
- Q & A
The XTP features a swaged lead core and concentric jacket, which together provide the superb rotational stability the bullet needs to keep its nose pointed toward its target. The XTP’s fully jacketed rim prevents the bullet from getting snagged up while feeding through a semi-automatic, and also averts damage that could have impaired its ability to expand uniformly.
The XTP features a drawn gilding metal jacket. That is why its jacket becomes thinner toward its front section, which alongside its symmetrically notched rim ensures wide-diameter expansion even at lower velocities.
This round’s 1,110 fps muzzle velocity out of a 4” barrel makes it just barely subsonic, so your pistol will produce less noise when you fire it – excellent if you’re making use of a suppressor at the same time. Hornady’s premium reloadable brass cases, best-in-class Boxer primers and matched low-residue propellant all give their Custom series ammunition extremely reliable performance out of a wide range of 9mm firearms!
Add your review to this 25 Rounds of 124gr JHP 9mm Ammo by Hornady
- Ammo for MP9 2.0 Compaq with threaded barrel Posted On: 5/13/2023 By: Tracey Deskins
- Thanks for reaching out Tracey! Any 9mm or 9mm +P ammunition should function correctly in your handgun. If you'd like good ammo for training and target practice, I'd recommend the Blazer Brass: https://www.ammoforsale.com/1000-rounds-of-124gr-fmj-9mm-ammo-by-blazer. If you'd like a practical solution for self-defense, then Federal Premium's police grade ammo should meet your needs: https://www.ammoforsale.com/50-rounds-of-124gr-jhp-hst-9mm-ammo-by-federal-law-enforcement.