- Manufacturer Magtech
- Condition New
- Weight 240gr
- Projectile Type SJSP
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .44 Mag
- Manufacturer SKU 44A
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1180
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 742
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 754908164318
- Cost Per Round 68.0¢ per round
- Q & A
”You’ve gotta ask yourself a question: ‘Do I feel lucky?’ Well, do ya, punk?” Those famous words uttered by Clint Eastwood in 1971’s blockbuster hit, Dirty Harry, referred to the revolver he carried throughout the movie: a .44 Magnum. Often referred to as the “Dirty Harry” gun, the .44 Magnum has been around since the 1950’s and has a bit of a cult following. If you’ve got a .44 Magnum you love, then this Magtech .44 Magnum 240 grain SJSP ammunition is just the load you need.
Magtech is considered a world leader in manufacturing ammunition, and their Sao Paulo, Brazil, plant has been around even longer than the .44 Magnum. Since their founding in 1926 they’ve been producing components on-site, including primer, powder, and projectiles. That means the Magtech team has their eye on your rounds every step of the way; when you buy Magtech, you know exactly what you’re getting.
These are big, tough rounds at 240 grain, but don’t think for a minute they’re not still fast. They have the following ballistics:
- Muzzle velocity: 1,180 feet per second
- 50-yard velocity: 1,081 feet per second
- 100-yard velocity: 1,010 feet per second
- Muzzle energy: 741 foot-pounds
- 50-yard energy: 632 foot-pounds
- 100-yard energy: 545 foot-pounds
To top it all off, they’re SJSP, which is in the hollow point family but has its own unique features. They have exposed lead soft points which mushroom dependably upon impact and also offer excellent energy transfer. And they penetrate more deeply than average hollow points. Also, as SJSP rounds, they have a wide variety of uses, including self-defense, target practice, tactical training, plinking, larger-game hunting, and varmint control. This round does it all.
You get 50 rounds in this box, so you can get a feel for the ammunition or stash it in your safe for home defense purposes. Your guns will enjoy it, you’ll enjoy it – face it, you’ll be back for more.
Add your review to Add Your Review of this Magtech 240gr SJSP .44 Mag Ammo
- Muzzle Velocity ??? Posted On: 8/11/14 By: Steve Stevens
- Hello Steve, These 240gr. SJSP rounds by Magtech in .44 Magnum have a muzzle velocity of 1180 fps. They make great target, defense, and hunting rounds for your .44 Magnum firearm.