- Manufacturer Remington
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 40gr
- Projectile Type LRN
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .22 LR
- Manufacturer SKU TB-22B
- Primer Type Rimfire
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1255
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 140
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 047700481906
- Cost Per Round 31.8¢ per round
- Q & A
You’re taking your .22 out for some plinking. Do you have enough ammunition? How about 500 rounds, will that get you started? This 500-round box of Remington .22LR 40 grain LRN is just what you need for an afternoon of plinking or a little varmint control. It comes in the traditional green-and-white box knowledgeable shooters have relied on for generations, and not only does it bear the legendary Remington name, these are Thunderbolts. Specifically designed for an edge in speed and energy, Thunderbolts are right up your firearms-loving alley if you’re looking for a nice plinking load for your .22.
.22LR has a long history that stretches back to 1887 and a following that has made it the most commonly sold cartridge worldwide. And it isn’t just for rifles, no, there are also pistols, revolvers, and a few smoothbore shotguns chambered in .22LR. In fact, there are even AR-15 uppers chambered in the popular cartridge. It’s an amazing cartridge, and offers practically no recoil, almost no noise, and, of course, it’s low cost. Novice shooters benefit greatly from all those things and seasoned shooters simply enjoy them. After all, what’s not to love?
Remington’s Thunderbolt ammunition really does have extra appeal. It’s 40 grain, which is heavy for the caliber, and LRN, so it’s more affordable and deforms slightly upon impact. And, of course, it’s fast; it has a muzzle velocity of 1,255 feet per second. It even has good muzzle energy for a .22LR at 140 foot-pounds. Don’t let your .22LR starve. Get your own 500-round box of American-made Thunderbolts and give your globally-popular firearm a thorough workout today.
Add your review to this Remington 40gr LRN .22 LR Ammo
- Good day . Can you tell me if .22LR rounds will safely go through a Ruger Winchester Magnum .22 revolver ? Thanx for your time and efforts ..... Larry PEACE Posted On: 2/10/2021 By: Larry James
- Thanks for reaching out Larry! It is possible to fire 22 LR in a 22 WMR revolver, but you will lose a lot of accuracy and velocity, and also risk getting injured. I strongly advise against it!
I recommend this fella's video demonstration: youtube.com/watch?v=1ubQlgMqhF8&ab_channel=22plinkster