- Manufacturer Speer
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type TMJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU 53653
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 830
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 352
- UPC Barcode 076683536532
- Cost Per Round 75.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Speer was founded in 1944 by Vernon Speer, a Navy veteran with an inherent ability to come up with successful inventions. In fact, he designed a new airplane engine, and after building it, he needed to make sure it worked – so he put it in a biplane and went for a ride. Up in the clouds his new engine worked just fine, and Vernon – who was only 21 at the time – couldn’t have imagined that he was only just beginning to create his own legend. He got started in ammunition making bullets in the corner of a grocery store, and luckily for us, he expanded into manufacturing ammunition in a plant in Lewiston, Idaho, where Speer remains today.
These Speer rounds aren’t just any, they’re Speer Lawman. Lawman has been around for 35 years now and is designed to specifically mimic the increased power of defense ammunition. Speer uses their renowned Gold Dot defense rounds as the standard, creating Lawman in various calibers to mirror Gold Dot, only in TMJ form. As TMJ, these target rounds make training more cost-effective and more realistic, because they feel like defense rounds. These are great for self-defense training, target practice, and even plinking. And because they’re Total Metal Jacket, the bullets are completely encased, so there’s no lead going airborne when you fire your gun.
At 230 grain these are heavy rounds, so they hit harder and have more recoil than lighter rounds, and that’s precisely what you want from training rounds. Like was said, they’re TMJ rounds, so they’re meant for training. Speer produces them in fresh brass cases with boxer primer so they can be reloaded and makes them non-corrosive, so they produce less friction in your gun’s barrel. This ammunition has a muzzle velocity of 830 feet per second and muzzle energy of 352 foot-pounds. There are 50 target rounds in this box, so you might want to consider getting more than one, because it’s that good. Quality is enormously important in training; get these Speer Lawman rounds and get a head start by loading your gun with quality ammunition.
Add your review to this Speer 230gr TMJ .45 ACP Ammo
- Where is your following product made? *50 Rounds of 230gr TMJ .45 ACP Ammo by Speer Posted On: 2/14/2021 By: Richard E Reece
- Thanks for reaching out Richard! Speer makes their ammo at their factory in Lewiston, Idaho.
- i have 2 45 longcolts.1 rifle 1 revovler.will 45 acp ammo work in those firearms?fairly new to this.thanks Posted On: 2/10/2021 By: joe g
- Thanks for reaching out Joe! Unfortunately, you cannot fire 45 ACP in a 45 Long Colt firearm. The 45 Long Colt's case has a rim around its base to make sure it headspaces correctly in a revolver, while the rimless 45 ACP case is optimized for a semi-auto's extractor mechanism. A 45 LC rifle's feeding mechanism assumes there will be a rim on the case as well. I understand it's possible to fire 45 ACP in a 45 LC revolver if you use what's called a moon clip, but even then that's not advisable.
I regret that we haven't got 45 LC in stock at the moment, but we do update our inventory frequently. I hope you'll check back in again soon to see how we can be of better help to you!
- What do you need to ship to Bloomington Illinois. This is NOT COOK COUNTY CHICAGO ! Thanks. Posted On: 1/18/2021 By: Robert T Fleming
- Thanks for reaching out Robert! I'm afraid I'm far better qualified to answer questions about ammo than I am our shipping service. I hope you will reach out to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-581-0293. They know all about shipping to Illinois.
- Do i need an ffm to buy ammo and have it shipped to my house in texas Posted On: 4/15/2020 By: Jose Ramos
- No sir, you only need an address to order ammo in Texas.