- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 165gr
- Projectile Type PSP
- Ammo Use Type Deer Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 30-06 Springfield
- Manufacturer SKU X30065
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2800
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 2872
- UPC Barcode 020892200760
- Cost Per Round $2.50 per round
- Q & A
If you’re a hunter looking for speed, superb penetration, and increased long-range accuracy, this Winchester .30-06 Springfield 165 grain PSP ammunition will fulfill all those requirements. At 165 grain, it’s a medium-weight round, so it’s not so heavy it’ll be slowed down and not so light cross-winds will knock it off its course. It has a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second, so your intended target won’t have a chance to react before it hits. And with a muzzle energy of 2,872 foot-pounds, it more than packs a punch; it makes a properly devastating wound track, delivering a clean kill.
When people think of Winchester, they think of the lever-action rifle; the Gun that Won the West. What they should think of is the company’s long history; founded in 1866, they have a long tradition of producing top-performance weapons and ammunitions as well as a history of innovation. They also have multiple properties today. Their headquarters are in Alton, Illinois, but they also have a range for training and classes; it’s open 7 days a week. They also own the 640-acre NILO Farms, which was founded in 1952 and is considered one of the greatest hunting and fishing facilities in the country. All this to say Winchester doesn’t just manufacture these products, they live it.
This ammunition is great for larger game such as deer, black bear, and elk, and some shooters also say it works well for hogs. It’s certainly powerful and will absolutely take your target down, fast and hard. There are just 20 rounds in this box, and although that’s a great start, you’ll immediately discover both you and your rifle want more. Place your order today and find out why your father, your father’s father, your father’s father’s father…and so on…relied on Winchester. You should, too.
Add your review to this 20 Rounds of 165gr PSP 30-06 Springfield Ammo by Winchester
- Is this ok to use in an m1 Garand or will it damage the rifle? Posted On: 7/3/2021 By: Tyler
- Thanks for reaching out Tyler! As a rule I don't recommend 30-06 for an M1 Garand unless it is loaded to the classic rifle's very specific specifications. This particular ammo could potentially damage your M1. I doubt it's likely, but I prefer not to take any chances when it comes to our customers' firearms.
I regret that we haven't got any M1 Garand spec 30-06 in stock at the moment. We frequently update our inventory, however, so I hope you'll check back in again soon!