- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 125gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .38 Spl
- Pressure + P
- Manufacturer SKU USA38JHP
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 945
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 248
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50020892213178
- Cost Per Round 58.0¢ per round
- Q & A
This is a +P cartridge. That means it’s loaded to generate higher than standard chamber pressure, which has three important implications for performance:
1. This ammo can destroy a 38 Special firearm that isn’t rated for +P;
2. This ammo will kick relatively harder when fired; and
3. This ammo will hit its target harder than standard a 38 Special round.
The bullet itself is a lightweight 125 grain jacketed hollow point. The jacket has a cannelure to prevent bullet setback while the cartridge is sitting in the cylinder. It also helps to prevent the bullet from fragmenting and losing momentum while it’s burrowing through soft tissue. The JHP’s large lead hollow point nose cavity delivers the terminal expansion that inflicts more grievous damage to soft tissues.
Winchester’s brass-cased and reloadable 38 Spl +P ammo achieves a high enough muzzle velocity to dump about 245 ft lbs of kinetic energy into a five-yard target, which is adequate for self-defense. Works great in all 357 Mag firearms, too!
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 125gr JHP .38 Spl +P Ammo by Winchester USA
There are no entries.