- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Range Training, Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU USA45JHP
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 880
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 396
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 020892213234
- Cost Per Round $1.20 per round
- Q & A
When Army Ordnance member General John T. Thompson said he wanted a cartridge that was a real “man stopper” he ended up playing a major role in the selection of the .45 ACP. It was created by John Browning in 1904 in response to a request from the US Cavalry, but historians say it was Thompson who ultimately made the final call in it being chosen for military use. And, of course, when the .45 ACP was chosen, it need a pistol, and it was Colt who won the bidding war. And it was John Browning who worked with Colt to create a pistol for his new cartridge, a pistol that was to become the M1911. Today there are countless guns chambered in .45 ACP, and each and every one of them has major knockdown power.
Of course, Winchester has also been around for years, and when they created this ammunition, they had self-defense in mind. JHP rounds expand on impact, creating a catastrophic wound track and severe tissue damage. And because they’re jacketed, they have greater strength and keep your gun cleaner because the lead doesn’t foul the barrel as badly as it would otherwise. If you’re serious about self-defense, these rounds are precisely the type you want to load your handgun with.All of Winchester’s ammunition is made in America, and their stellar reputation has been nearly 150 years in the making. They understand the importance of quality and competitive pricing, and that’s why they produce these in fresh brass cases with boxer primer, so you can reload. That means that although you get 50 rounds in this box of ammunition, you actually get even more when you collect your spent brass, reload, and hit the range again. These are heavy rounds at 230 grain and have a muzzle velocity of 880 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 396 foot-pounds. Winchester takes self-defense ammunition seriously, and so should you.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 230gr JHP .45 ACP Ammo by Winchester USA
- I have a Kember 1911 full size is this the right ammo ? Posted On: 6/27/2023 By: Paul Pazienza
- Thanks for reaching out Paul! Kimber does manufacture 1911s chambered for 9mm, so I can't guarantee this ammo is correct for your pistol based solely on what you've told me. But if your 1911 is indeed chambered for 45 ACP (aka 45 Auto), then this ammo ought to perform seamlessly for you.