- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 50gr
- Projectile Type Frangible
- Ammo Use Type Frangible, Inside Range Training, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU USA556JF
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3000
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 020892219816
- Q & A
CQB, or Close Quarters Battle training, has long been a vital part of learning proper tactics in the military and for law enforcement, and it’s become increasingly popular for civilians as well. While some question its usefulness for civilians the reality is it’s quite useful for those using guns for self-defense, especially home defense. Knowing how to clear a house and engage an assailant in close quarters is about quite a bit more than just how accurate your shots are. If you plan to take CQB classes, be prepared to spend time on dry-fire drills, but also be ready to use different kinds of ammunition, like these frangible rounds.
These particular rounds are made for your 5.56. At 50 grain these are very lightweight rounds, which means they’ll travel at higher speeds, but it’s also normal for them to be this light due to the type of round they are. These are frangible rounds, meaning the bullets are made of compressed copper powder. That means that instead of punching through a target they shatter on impact. Frangible rounds are great for CQB training and steel targets because they drastically reduce the risk of ricochets. Each of these rounds has a muzzle velocity of 3000 feet per second.
There are 20 frangible 5.56 rounds in this single box of Winchester ammunition. 20 rounds gives you enough to get an idea of how the ammunition works and is also a good size for tucking in your range bag. If you’d like to get extensive training time in, order multiple boxes. This ammunition is made by Winchester, a company that’s been around since 1866 and has its roots deeply embedded in the Old West. All of Winchester’s ammunition is made with pride in America. Whether you want to get serious about your close-quarters tactics or just want to be safer while steel-plate shooting, get your order in for these frangible rounds.
Add your review to this 20 Rounds of 50gr Frangible 5.56x45 Ammo by Winchester
- the carbine class i'm taking is asking for lead-free frangible rounds. I have a feeling this is not lead free...but.. just wanted to ask. Thank you. Posted On: 5/19/2020 By: jim
- Hi Jim! This round has a lead-free franglible bullet and a lead-free primer. The bullet itself has a copper jacket and a core made of compressed copper and tin powders. It should satisfy your training criteria to a T.