- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 147gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Range Training, Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU USA9JHP2
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 990
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 320
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50020892213512
- Cost Per Round 70.0¢ per round
- Q & A
This cartidge’s bullet wears a hard gilding metal jacket to promote smooth feeding, prevent deformation during ignition, and facilitate penetration following impact. The jacket surrounding the nose cavity features symmetrical skives, which strategically weaken the bullet so it can expand more reliably while it bores through a soft medium.
At 147 grains the bullet is too heavy to achieve supersonic muzzle velocity out of a handgun’s barrel – perfect if you are using a suppressor or simply want quieter performance with an unsuppressed firearm. But despite its lower muzzle velocity, the heavy bullet still exerts more than sufficient kinetic energy against its target for self-defense applications within a range of 25 yards.
This ammunition is made in America with noncorrosive Boxer primers and reusable brass cases. A case of 500 rounds is divided up among ten individual boxes.
Add your review to this 500 Rounds of 147gr JHP 9mm Ammo by Winchester
- In reference to the Winchester 147gr JHP 9mm Ammo, are these bullets cannelured and case crimped? Posted On: 6/26/2020 By: Kenneth Glass
- Hello Kenneth! These bullets do not have a cannelure. Winchester does crimp every cartridge where its bullets is seated, though.