- Manufacturer Black Hills Ammunition
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 135gr
- Projectile Type HoneyBadger
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU D45N820
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1250
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 469
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 612710132652
- Cost Per Round $1.80 per round
- Q & A
This 45 ACP cartridge’s 135 grain HoneyBadger self-defense bullet fixes that problem completely. The HoneyBadger is made of solid copper, and its tip ends in four ridges so its frontal profile looks like this: ⊕. The solid copper bullet remains intact and retains its momentum as it sharp ridges chop through barriers and soft tissue alike.
How does the HoneyBadger inflict so much damage without increasing in diameter? That’s all thanks to its four lateral grooves. These work like scoops, directing soft tissue inward, pressurizing them suddenly, and then blasting them outward at extreme velocities. In other words, the HoneyBadger excavates a cavity into soft tissue – using soft tissue.
Black Hills loads the revolutionary Honey Badger with premium components – including reloadable cases – at their same South Dakota factory where they also produce sniper ammo for the U.S. Armed Forces. Test a box out for yourself and see!
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Add your review to this Black Hills Ammunition 135gr HoneyBadger .45 ACP Ammo
- Is this ammo ok to use regularly in my Sig p220 ? Posted On: 8/15/2022 By: H.clickner
- Absolutely sir! This ammunition is loaded to generate standard chamber pressure on ignition, so it will not accelerate wear and tear on your semi-auto's moving parts and barrel. Its solid copper bullet is much softer than your P220's barrel, so it won't needlessly damage the bore. I would recommend more cost-effective range and target FMJ ammo for regular use, but to be sure this ammo will treat your handgun just as gently as any regular FMJ ammo. Its bullet can't deposit lead fouling, either.