- Manufacturer Federal Ammo
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 170gr
- Projectile Type Fusion
- Ammo Use Type Boar Hunting, Deer Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 30-30 Win
- Manufacturer SKU F3030FS2
- Primer Type Berdan vs. Boxer Primers
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2200
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1827
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465097936
- Cost Per Round $1.50 per round
- Q & A
Federal makes use of futuristic tech to create this round’s 170 grain Fusion bullet. Its jacket is applied to its core according to a proprietary electrochemical process, ensuring its virtually perfect concentricity as the result. So balanced a bullet follows a tight trajectory and retains over 1,100 ft lbs of energy even after traveling 200 yards!
The Fusion’s bonded jacket sticks close to its core during terminal penetration, ensuring the superior weight retention requisite for a very deep wound cavity. The Fusion is also a soft point bullet, with a jacket that stops just shy of the tip to enable massive expansion. As the Fusion mushrooms within soft tissue it transfers immobilizing energy while excavating a positively cavernous injury.
The Minnesotan virtuoso gave this 30-30 cartridge a carefully formulated and measured payload of clean burning propellant, which along with its sensitive primer delivers an unwavering 2,200 fps muzzle velocity. The Fusion’s flat nose profile is a boon to proper functioning in any lever-action, as is this round’s uniform brass case.
Add your review to this Federal 170gr Fusion 30-30 Win Ammo
- Is okay to shoot F3030FS2 in a tubular magazine (Win Mod 94) ? Posted On: 1/13/2017 By: joe mccarty
- Hello Joe, The Federal Fusion projectile is a soft point style projectile and should have no issues being used in a tubular magazine.