- Manufacturer Sierra Bullets
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type Polymer Tipped
- Ammo Use Type Varmint Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 200
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU A145509
- Primer Type Berdan vs. Boxer Primers
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3215
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1262
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 604544659290
- Cost Per Round $1.25 per round
- Q & A
Ths 223 Rem Prairie Enemy ammo by Sierra is optimal for managing troublesome critters. Each round sports a BlitzKing bullet, which at 55 grains offers a 3,215 fps muzzle velocity that is comparable to the standard M193. The BlitzKing offers far better accuracy than any target grade FMJ, however, as its concentric jacket, jacketed base, boat tail, and centered acetyl resin tip all lend to its superior balance and low in-flight drag.
The BlitzKing’s polymer tip is also its secret weapon. On impact it crashes back into the lead core, forcing it and the jacket outward in an explosive display of fragmentation. This shrapnel efficiently transfers the BlitzKing’s available energy inside of a smaller target, thoroughly killing the hapless critter as the result.
While Sierra is best known as a bullet maker, the old American company certainly understands the value of consistent, carefully loaded brass cases, non-corrosive primers, and clean burning propellant. Expect super predictable ballistics every time you fire a round from this case!
Add your review to this Sierra Bullets 55gr Polymer Tipped .223 Ammo
- Will 64gr blitz king.223 ammo by Sierra Be used in my AR-15 Posted On: 8/29/2020 By: Tyree Tate
- Absolutely! Yoy may notice better accuracy from a 55 grain bullet with a 1:9 twist barrel, just as you would a 64 grain bullet from a 1:8 twist barrel. Either way this 223 ammo should function correctly in your AR-15.
- Can this ammo be used with the AR 15 Posted On: 8/13/2020 By: Tyree Tate
- Absolutely, this ammo is intended for the AR-15!