- Manufacturer Remington
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type MC
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 200
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU L223R3
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3240
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1282
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 047700067018
- Cost Per Round 46.5¢ per round
- Q & A
When it comes to bulk 223 Remington ammo for plinking, you can't beat the Remington UMC. The company itself got its start in 1816 as E. Remington and Sons, and now, almost 200 years later, the venerable company has become a giant in the world of firearms and ammunition.
Appropriately, Remington the company created the .223 Remington round in 1964. It’s a cartridge with similar dimensions to the 5.56x45mm NATO, but the similarities are only external. Internally, a .223 round has less pressure than a 5.56 does so you'll want to be sure not to fire 5.56 in your AR-15 if it is chambered for .223.
These .223 rounds are a lightweight 55 grain, and being light means they can reach even greater speeds. This is Metal Case ammunition, which is Remington’s version of FMJ, and as such does not expand and tends to over-penetrate, so you need to have a good backstop. This ammunition is great for target practice, tactical training, and plinking. Each round flies down-range with a muzzle velocity of 3240 feet per second and hits home with a muzzle energy of 1282 foot-pounds. There are 200 target rounds in this package. They'll arrive at your door ready for the range!
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
I use it in my Savage bolt action with great results.
Add your review to this 200 Rounds of 55gr MC .223 Ammo by Remington UMC
- I need to buy some ar 15 Emo what kind of deals can I get if I buy a lot please contact me st 818-691-9155 thank Posted On: 3/31/2020 By: Roberto
- Thanks for reaching out, Roberto! We're currently offering PMC's 5.56 NATO M855 ammo by the case: ammoforsale.com/pmc-5-56x45-ammo-for-sale-556x45mm62fmjm855pmc-1000. This ammo's bullet has a steel tip for better penetration. If you're comfortable with steel shell casings, we also offer Tula's 223 Rem FMJ ammo by the case: ammoforsale.com/tula-223-ammo-for-sale-223rem55hp40tula-1000.
- How much price Posted On: 3/22/2020 By: Ernest Barnwell
- Thank you for reaching out, Ernest! As soon as we have this ammunition back in stock, we will include its current price tag. Thank you for bearing with us.
- How many can I get Posted On: 3/18/2020 By: Maynard Howard
- You may order as many of any product as you care to. We're working hard on getting this ammo back in stock, and will update its product page as soon as we have!
- Does your ammo contain steel because my shooting range does not allow steel in the ammo you bring to shoot . Posted On: 6/6/2014 By: robert
- Hello Robert, These 55gr. FMJ rounds by Remington in .223 have a lead core, copper jacket, and a brass case. They do not contain any steel and are safe to shot on ranges that do not allow magnetic rounds.