- Manufacturer Lake City
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 149gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber .308 Win
- Manufacturer SKU M80-LC
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2790
- Magnetic Yes
- Cost Per Round 60.0¢ per round
- Q & A
What an awesome choice when it comes to 7.62 NATO ammunition!
These rounds are made at Lake City's Ammunition Plant in Independence, Missouri. These are mil-spec and made on the same equipment that outfits the United States military.
This 7.62x51 ammo is perfect for target shooting with AR-10's, M-14s, FALs, Remington 700s, and just about any other rifles chambered in either 7.62 NATO or .308.
We can't stress this enough - these rounds are manufactured to military specifications and are loaded to the M80 standard. What does that mean? These rounds are generally considered slightly less "hot" than hunting loads. That makes them a pleasure to use repeatedly when shooting at the range!
This bulk case is filled with 500 rounds. Each cartridge is loaded with a 149 grain full metal jacket bullet that moves at a manufacturer advertised muzzle velocity of 2,790 feet per second. It all adds up to wonderful efficacy if you're looking for a medium to long range round that's easy on the recoil.
We got this ammo because the plant made too much for a contract with the United States government. This ammo uses non corrosive Boxer primers and is loaded with reloadable brass casings that are annealed.
Your day at the range is coming and this is the perfect 7.62x51 ammo to make the day great. Load up today!
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Great dependable ammo have not found a bad round yet and don't think i will. It's not pretty like you buy in a store but ...
Add your review to this Lake City 149gr FMJ .308 Win Ammo
- Hello, I was visiting your site today and an sale of the day was for the (7.62x51 149gr fmj m80 lake city 500 round)clicked it because that's exactly what I was looking for, ???? but it is sold out. And idea when you will get more, and if you will have a sale again Posted On: 7/25/2020 By: Robert Totora
- I'm sorry to learn we couldn't help you sir! I'm afraid I can't promise just when we'll get more Lake City M80 in stock, but doing so is one of our top priorities. We'll update our site the instant we get more in the warehouse. I hope you'll check in soon!
- Hi! I cant see track my ordet Posted On: 5/18/2020 By: Vladimir Kalyanov
- Hello Vladimir! Please enter the tracking number you received for your shipment into your internet search bar. You'll be taken to the page where you can track your order.
- At what barrel length can a Muzzle velocity of 2790fps be expected? Posted On: 6/8/2019 By: Stephen
- Hi Stephen. Unfortunately, we do not know the length or gas system (if any) of the test barrel that the manufacturer used to derive the FPS of these rounds. Without that knowledge it will be impossible to state the length you are asking and as such, these FPS ratings should only be use as a reference point.
- Does this really attract a magnet? Didn't think it did. Posted On: 9/26/2018 By: michael baca
- These rounds from Lake City are built to specification for standard M80 ball. This would include a steel based bi-metal jacket and would attract a magnet.