- Manufacturer Brown Bear
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 123gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Steel
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 7.62x39mm
- Manufacturer SKU AP762FMJ
- Primer Type Berdan
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2430
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode 24607094860185
- Cost Per Round 27.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Bulk 7.62x39mm ammo is sometimes compared to gravel, after all your AK-47 will chew up and spit out just about anything that's even remotely "ammo" shaped, right? Well, if gravel is the brussels sprouts of ammo, this Brown Bear 7.62x39 ammunition is the ice cream sundae your rifle wille enjoy for dessert!
Brown Bear Ammunition is a subsidiary of the Barnual Machine Tool Plant, one of the largest industrial goods and ammunition manufacturers located in Russia. From the heart of the AK-47's home country, you'll get quality ammo that's ideal for hours of plinking.
These 7.62x39mm rounds are excellent target practicing rounds for your AK or other 7.62x39mm caliber rifle, largely due to the fact that 500 rounds should last you a long time on the shooting range and it’s at a price that you can’t beat anywhere else.
These 7.62x39mm rounds will be delivered to you in 25 boxes of 20 rounds each, for a grand total of 500 rounds of ammunition. It's from us directly, so you know it'll ship FAST! These rounds are steel cased, berdan primed, full metal jacketed (FMJ), and weigh 123 grain. Steel cased rounds are much more affordable to shoot than brass cased rounds, and are often just as reliable, especially in Russian firearms. Berdan primers are also the standard primers in Europe and tend to be non-corrosive.
At 123 gr, these are lightweight 7.62x39mm rounds and have less recoil than heavier rounds. These particular rounds deliver muzzle energy of 1,653 feet per pound and a muzzle velocity of 2,430 feet per second. In addition, full metal jacketed rounds are a preferred round by many American shooters and tend to deliver greater muzzle velocity due to the lead bullets being encased in a shell of harder metal.
These rounds are perfect for target shooting out on the range, and what’s more is they come from a reputable company ---- one of the largest manufacturers of industrial goods and ammunition in Russia, Brown Bear Ammunition is one of the largest suppliers of Russian ammunitions, and specializes in making 7.62x39mm ammo which is common in AK variants.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
About average in accuracy. Tends to deliver about 2.2 MOA out of a CZ 527 that will shoot under 1 MOA with Yugo M67 or m ...
Add your review to this Brown Bear 123gr FMJ 7.62x39mm Ammo
- Can you put me on a list to notify me when the 500 rounds is in stock Posted On: 3/13/2021 By: Randall way
- Sorry Randall, but we haven't got a system in place to alert our customers when ammo is back in stock. Our inventory does change frequently, so I hope you'll check back in again soon to see what we can do for you.
- Are these as good as the wolf military clasis Posted On: 12/12/2020 By: Brad
- Thanks for reaching out Brad! In my experience Brown Brear ammo offers a little better accuracy than Wolf Military Classic, and with less fouling. But the differences are slight. I'd say the two brands rank right about on par with one another.