- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJBT
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU XM193
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3240
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1282
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50029465094602
- Cost Per Round 31.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Federal 5.56x45 ammo is some of our most popular ammo here. It's relatively cheap, available in bulk and is known for reliability in a wide variety of AR-15 rifles.
With this package, you'll get 500 rounds of loaded with 55-grain full metal jacket boat-tail projectiles. These rounds are ideal for range training and make for a great afternoon of fun. Of course, the venerable 5.56x45 military round is also one that's not uncommon for peppers and survivalists to stockpile as it makes a heck of a defensive load as well.
Each of these rounds features a reloadable brass casing and you'll get 25 boxes in each half case --- with each box holding 20 fresh rounds ready to fire!
Great ammo at a good price.on 10/24/14
Arrived fast shot great. No complaints.
It is the best I've tested so far, I like the accuracy!
Great ammoon 4/18/13
Price is to be expected
good ammo with not so good priceon 3/22/13
Shoot good with the proper milspec rifle. Not for use in .223 rifles not milspec. Performance chronograph exceeds 3400fps. by my weapon
Its been the best I have seen so far, reccomend it for all ar15's
Add your review to Add Your Review of this Federal 55gr FMJBT 5.56x45 Ammo
- How can I tell if the ammo is new or a reload. Picture seems to show that these have been used before and reloaded.....judging by the discoloring on the casing. Thanks, Posted On: 4/20/13 By: Gerald
- The discoloration we are seeing is part of the manufacturing process by Federal. These are simply burn marks from heat that was applied to condition the brass for the first loading processes as well as ensure stability when loading into the chamber of a rifle. Some ammunition manufacturers will polish their brass to cover this up, though some shooters will demand to see this on their brass for peace of mind to know their ammo will be reliable. These 5.56x45 rounds from Federal are new rounds and have not been once fired.