- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJBT
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 500
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU XM193
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3165
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1223
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 50029465094602
- Cost Per Round 34.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Federal 5.56x45 ammo is some of our most popular ammo here. It's relatively cheap, available in bulk and is known for reliability in a wide variety of AR-15 rifles.
With this package, you'll get 500 rounds of loaded with 55-grain full metal jacket boat-tail projectiles. These rounds are ideal for range training and make for a great afternoon of fun. Of course, the venerable 5.56x45 military round is also one that's not uncommon for peppers and survivalists to stockpile as it makes a heck of a defensive load as well.
Each of these rounds features a reloadable brass casing and you'll get 25 boxes in each half case --- with each box holding 20 fresh rounds ready to fire!
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Great ammo at a good price.on 10/24/2014
Arrived fast shot great. No complaints.
It is the best I've tested so far, I like the accuracy!
good ammo with not so good priceon 3/22/2013
Shoot good with the proper milspec rifle. Not for use in .223 rifles not milspec. Performance chronograph exceeds 3400fps. by my weapon
Add your review to this Federal 55gr FMJBT 5.56x45 Ammo
- Just recently purchased a ar15 havent fired it yet but im looking and researching for the best ammo for the range Posted On: 6/20/2019 By: Oscar
- Congrats on your purchase Oscar! The great news is that we almost always have one of the brands on sale, so you can save money anytime you need to replenish your stock. Right now, we have several that will work very well for you. Take a look at this one that is currently on sale. (it is my personal favorite range round). https://www.ammoforsale.com/1000-rounds-of-55gr-fmjbt-223-ammo-by-pmc
- How can I tell if the ammo is new or a reload. Picture seems to show that these have been used before and reloaded.....judging by the discoloring on the casing. Thanks, Posted On: 4/20/2013 By: Gerald
- The discoloration we are seeing is part of the manufacturing process by Federal. These are simply burn marks from heat that was applied to condition the brass for the first loading processes as well as ensure stability when loading into the chamber of a rifle. Some ammunition manufacturers will polish their brass to cover this up, though some shooters will demand to see this on their brass for peace of mind to know their ammo will be reliable. These 5.56x45 rounds from Federal are new rounds and have not been once fired.