- Manufacturer Fiocchi
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 45gr
- Projectile Type Frangible
- Ammo Use Type Frangible, Inside Range Training, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU 223FRANG
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3200
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1023
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 762344705439
- Q & A
Frangible rounds have a variety of uses, and if you’ve never tried them, it’s probably time you did. Frangible rounds are put together much the same as your average round with the exception of the bullet, which is made of compressed copper powder instead of solid lead. When a frangible bullet impacts a target that’s harder than itself, it is designed to shatter. That makes frangible rounds a good choice for certain close-range uses which is why you’ll find law enforcement using them to shoot the locks off doors, among other things. They’re also good for use with steel plates because they drastically reduce the risk of ricochet. And, of course, they’re made from copper, so there isn’t any lead released into the air during range time.
These frangible rounds are for your .223 Remington-chambered rifle. At 45 grain they’re quite lightweight, which is normal due to the substance they’re made from, and that means they’re going to travel at greater speeds. As described above these are frangible rounds which shatter on impact. Each round leaves the barrel of your gun at the stunning muzzle velocity of 3,200 feet per second. This ammunition is great for steel-plate shooting and close-range tactical training but can also be used for normal target practice.
You get 50 frangible rounds when you order this single box of ammunition from Fiocchi. Fiocchi was founded in 1876 by account Giulio Fiocchi, and with almost 150 years of experience behind them it’s no surprise their innovation has led them to create these frangible .223 rounds. Their headquarters are based in Lecco, Italy, just as they’ve always been, but they also have a plant in Ozark, Missouri, for U.S. distribution. When the demand for ammunition overwhelms the Ozark plant’s production abilities extra stock is shipped in from Italy. There are a number of uses for frangible rounds, and they’re a good type of ammunition to have on hand. Don’t waste anymore time thinking about it; order now.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 45gr Frangible .223 Ammo by Fiocchi
- We are FFL Class III Dealers in AZ. I have several customers seeking 1000+ round lots of .223 and 9 mm. Some frangible market has suddenly popped up with our Law Enforcement customers, as well. Posted On: 10/12/2020 By: John G. Garofalo
- Thanks for reaching out John! At this very moment we are only offering 9mm and 5.56 ammo by the box: ammoforsale.com/federal-9mm-ammo-for-sale-9mm147fmjae-50 ammoforsale.com/20-rounds-of-62gr-fmj-m855-5-56x45-ammo-by-wolf I regret that we haven't got any 223 Rem or frangible 5.56/9mm currently in stock. Our inventory does update frequently, however, so I hope you will check in again soon to see how we can be of better service to you!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $537.95
Special Price: $499.95