- Manufacturer PMC
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 55gr
- Projectile Type FMJBT
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber 5.56x45
- Manufacturer SKU 5.56X
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3120
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1189
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 20741569010119
- Cost Per Round 44.0¢ per round
- Q & A
This 5.56x45mm M193 NATO 55 grain full metal jacket (FMJ) X-TAC ammunition by PMC adheres to strict military specifications and quality standards. When you buy this ammo, you can load up your AR-15 without having to empty your wallet. You should note that this ammo is loaded to NATO specs. While it's perfect for your AR-15, it is not compatible with rifles chambered for 223 Remington ammo.
If it's good enough for the military, it's good for us! These rounds are made to meet military and law enforcement requirements. PMC makes these rounds using boxer-primed, non-corrosive brass-casings that are reloadable. All PMC ammunition must pass minimum testing requirements to ensure top-notch performance and quality. An outstanding choice for personal defense, X-TAC is designed to protect you at a moments notice.
PMC ammo is popular because it's good quality and affordable. You can get it for an economical price because it's made in South Korea, where they manufacture outstanding ammo. You might wish that it was manufactured here in America, but at least it comes from an America ally.
When buy this PMC ammunition, you get 50 boxes each with 20 rounds.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
I have a Tavor and it doesn't seem to like the Russian ammo. It acts like it doesn't have enough power to move the slid ...
Reliable and reasonably accurate - slow burning poweder creates fireballon 12/7/2016
This ammunition is reliable, reasonably accurate for close-in targets and overall I am satisfied with them. Out of 1k rounds I have eaten up half. No Fail-to-feed, fail-to-fire or FTE issues what-so-ever.
The only con to these XTAC rounds is that they are using a slow burning powder. Even with the flash hider the fireball is pretty apparent. I would not want to use these rounds in low-light scenarios where I might diminish my night vision or that of shooters nearby. Fine for practice in day light though and I would not necessary avoid the ammo just for this issue.
Powerful ammoon 1/25/2016
I have a Tavor and it doesn't seem to like the Russian ammo. It acts like it doesn't have enough power to move the slide back far enough to chamber the next round.
I don't have this problem with the PNC 5.56 ammo. This is my 2nd 1000 pack and I have not had a single feed problem.
Good folks to deal withon 1/19/2016
Ammo good, delivery fast, price very competitive.
great ammoon 2/27/2015
I have shot this ammo for quite some time now and have had very good luck with it. Shots clean and accurate with no jamming.
Add your review to this 1000 Rounds of 55gr FMJ 5.56x45 Ammo by PMC
- I JUST WON AN AR15. IS THE AMMO CENTERFIRE OR RIMFIRE? Posted On: 8/24/2020 By: Bruno R Varano
- Congrats, Bruno! Your AR-15 is almost certainly chambered for 5.56x45, which would mean it can also fire 223 Rem ammo. You will want to check and make sure this is true before you order ammo. Both 5.56 and 223 are centerfire; rimfire rounds are very small, though it's not really important you learn the difference just now. We do currently have one option for you in stock: ammoforsale.com/200-rounds-of-55gr-blitzking-223-ammo-by-sierra. This is varmint hunting ammo, but it would absolutely serve well for self-defense as well. For training and target practice you will want full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo, which I regret we're out of at the moment. There's an ammo drought going on, but we're still getting plenty of new ammo in daily!