- Manufacturer Sellier & Bellot
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 180gr
- Projectile Type SP
- Ammo Use Type Boar Hunting, Deer Hunting, Elk Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 30-06 Springfield
- Manufacturer SKU SB3006B
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2707
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 2937
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 754908510474
- Q & A
If you’re a seasoned hunter, odds are good you’ve taken down game with a .30-06. The .30-06 is a powerful rifle with fantastic hunting capabilities, and also has a tendency to eat whatever ammunition you feed it. With this sizeable round you can take down anything from whitetail deer to moose to pronghorn to bear; if it’s large game and you want to bag it, your .30-06 can take it on. It’s been around since 1906, when it was first introduced for use in the U.S. Army, and it’ll be around for years to come. If you own a .30-06 it’s probably the gun you most love to shoot both for sport and hunting; the .30-06 is capable of delivering stunning knockdown power, and it’s truly a pleasure to shoot.
At 180 grain these are still considered medium-weight rounds for the cartridge size, but they’re also fairly sizeable. A 165 grain round in .30-06 is capable of delivering a clean kill if you’re after whitetail deer; 180 grain will more than do the job. These are SP rounds and begin to expand the moment they impact your target, but they expand more slowly than HP’s and penetrate more deeply, so they deliver a deeper, more catastrophic wound channel for more substantial bleed out. Just what you want in a hunting round. Even better, these rounds can be used where HP’s are banned. Each of these rounds moves like lightning with a muzzle velocity of 2707 feet per second and impacts your target like a roaring train with muzzle energy at 2930 foot-pounds. These are fantastic hunting rounds.
There are 20 SP rounds in this single box. It’s a nice size for tucking in your best pocket when you go out hunting and also great for stashing in your range bag. Sellier and Bellot manufactures this ammunition at their plant in Vlasim, Czech Republic, and as with all their ammunition these rounds must meet stringent requirements to even leave the factory. This ammunition is produced in virgin brass cases with boxer primer and can be reloaded; it’s also designed to be non-corrosive, so there’s less friction in your gun’s barrel. Don’t trust the success of your hunting season to just any ammunition. These SP rounds from Sellier and Bellot pack the kind of mind-blowing punch you need when you’re hunting, so get your order in, and hit the woods.
Add your review to this 20 Rounds of 180gr SP 30-06 Springfield Ammo by Sellier & Bellot
- Is this safe for use in the M1 garand..as in ball ammo? Posted On: 3/23/2022 By: Vincent j
- Thanks for reaching out VIncent! I do not believe this ammo will damage an M1 Garand. That said, I make a rule of never recommending 30-06 for an M1 Garand unless it is explicitly loaded to that rifle's exact specifications. I wouldn't take chances with anyone's firearms – least of all their M1 Garand.
- I am just curious if this specific ammo type is safe to use in an M1 Garand thank you in advance. Posted On: 4/29/2021 By: Jace Goulding
- Thanks for reaching out Jace! I believe so, but I'm not certain enough to jeopardize your M1 Garand by giving you a definitive answer to your question. Please let me ask Sellier & Bellot on your behalf and relay their answer over to you.
UPDATE: Sellier & Bellot says this ammo is suitable for any M1 Garand provided it's in good condition.