- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 62gr
- Projectile Type Fusion
- Ammo Use Type Deer Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber .223
- Manufacturer SKU F223FS1
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 3000
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1239
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465060381
- Cost Per Round $1.20 per round
- Q & A
Your .223 is one cool rifle; it’s great for just slinging lead down-range for fun, it’s a capable home-defense weapon, and it’s good for varmint control and hunting game such as whitetail deer. Of course, it’s not only good for deer. If you’ve never gone feral hog hunting, you definitely should, and your .223 can get that clean kill for you. The feral hog population has grown enormously in recent years, meaning hog season is open year-round in many areas and there are only limited - or no – restrictions. When you go feral hog hunting you can get some serious trigger time in, but that requires some hard-hitting ammunition.
At 62 grain these are pretty lightweight rounds, and that lighter weight means they’re going to go flying towards your target with impressive speed. They’re Federal Fusion ammunition and have expanding Spitzer bullets designed for superior performance. Fusion bullets have the core locked to the jacket for more controlled, consistent expansion and better weight retention and are designed for a balanced trajectory and major knockdown power. Each round leaves the barrel of your rifle with the stunning muzzle velocity of 3000 feet per second and hammers its message home with the muzzle energy of 1239 foot-pounds. This ammunition is made specifically for hunting.
You get 20 rounds when you order this box of ammunition from Federal. Federal has been coming up with new, innovative ammunition since 1922 and these Fusion rounds are a fantastic example of their dedication and experience. Ammunition is manufactured at their longtime plant in Anoka, Minnesota and these rounds are made in fresh brass cases with boxer primer, so they can be reloaded. Get your gun-loving hands on this ammunition whether you want to hunt or just want to get some range time in with awesome ammunition. Get Fusion and find out what your .223 can really do.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
A friend in Texas gave me a box. Their deer are about the size of N. Fla. deer, with MUCH BIGGER RACKS however. Our hogs ...
This ammo works great and is the best I found for my IWI Tavoron 10/25/2015
Great groupings at 59 100 and 200 yards.
THE one for meon 9/3/2015
A friend in Texas gave me a box. Their deer are about the size of N. Fla. deer, with MUCH BIGGER RACKS however. Our hogs are BIGGER and we may have more of them. I had doubted using a 223 for big game. I am over that. This is the ammo for me. Both species are not particular where they get hit, they do not run off..why? the insides slide out in mush when you field dress them. They don't have anything to run on! My .308 is gathering dust. Since FUSION is so strong, I bought FUSION for my 308 in 165 gr. too...
Add your review to this Federal 62gr Fusion .223 Ammo
- When you get this ammo in stock would you be able to let me know please? Thank you! Posted On: 8/22/2020 By: April Hall
- My apologies April, but we don't have an alert system like that in place. We get new ammo in all the time and update our site just as often, so I hope you'll check back in again soon to see what we can do for you!
- How can I purchase this ammo Posted On: 6/1/2020 By: Gerald Gaynor
- Thanks for reaching out, Gerald! I'm afraid we're out of stock on this ammo for the time being. We do intend to return it to our site when we're able, but I can't say exactly when that will be. The closest thing we currently have to this ammo in terms of quality and application is this TSX ammo by Black Hills: ammoforsale.com/black-hills-ammunition-223-ammo-for-sale-223rem62grhpm223n18bha-50.