- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 150gr
- Projectile Type SP
- Ammo Use Type Deer Hunting, Elk Hunting
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 20
- Caliber 30-06 Springfield
- Manufacturer SKU 3006A
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2910
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 2820
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465084578
- Cost Per Round $1.50 per round
- Q & A
If you are seeking lightweight hunting rounds for your .30-06 rifle for next hunting season, then you have just found what you need with this box of 20 .30-06 rounds by Federal Ammunition. .30-06 rounds have remained and are likely to remain one of the most popular hunting cartridges in America.
To be more specific, these are 150gr, soft point, brass cased, boxer primed .30-06 rounds. At 150gr, these are lightweight rounds for a .30-06, meaning they will give your shoulder less of a kick when the rifle is fired and higher muzzle velocity as well. These rounds deliver a muzzle velocity of approximately 2,910 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 2,820 feet per pound.
These rounds are brass cased, the favored shell casing by most American shooters and hunters for its increased reliability over steel cased round. Boxer primers are also the standard primers in the United States due to the empty shell cartridges being easy to reload. This is because the location of the anvil is separate from the primer. For many shooters, reloading empty cartridges is a more economical alternative to buying more boxes of ammo. These rounds are soft point ammo, an excellent choice for a hunting round as soft points are an expanding bullet with greater depth of penetration than hollow points or full metal jackets.
Federal Ammunition is an owned subsidiary of Alliant Techsystems, an aerospace, defense and sporting goods store headquartered in Virginia. Federal Ammunition, however, is headquartered in Minnesota and manufacture and extremely wide range of small arms rounds for both the defense and sporting market.
Want more rounds? No problem, check out the 200 round package of this 30-06 ammo by Federal here.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Add your review to this 20 Rounds of 150gr SP 30-06 Springfield Ammo by Federal
- Can this ammo be safely used in an M1 Garand? Posted On: 6/29/2021 By: Douglas L Aitchison
- Thanks for reaching out Douglas! Federal only recommends the 30-06 they specially design for the M1 Garand. I'm afraid we haven't got any M1-specific ammo in stock at the moment, but the Federal ammo you do want is AE3006M1.
- I need price for 30/06-9mm-40. What kind of price Posted On: 1/23/2021 By: William Herren
- Thanks for reaching out William! I'm afraid we're presently out of stock on 30-06 and 40 S&W. We do update our inventory often, and we include the price when we do. This is currently the only 9mm we have in stock: ammoforsale.com/blazer-9mm-ammo-for-sale-9mm124fmjblazerb-50