- Manufacturer Sellier & Bellot
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU SB45A
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 853
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 372
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 754908500253
- Cost Per Round 56.0¢ per round
- Q & A
You know you’ve got a powerful cartridge when the man most influential in its selection was General John T. Thompson, also known as the man behind the invention of the Thompson submachine gun. He served in the Spanish-American War, retired, and then re-upped to serve as the Army’s Director of Arsenals during World War I. When the war ended, he retired again – and perfected the Tommy gun. But before the Tommy gun, Thompson was instrumental in the .45 ACP becoming the Army’s cartridge of choice. After witnessing the failure of the .38 Long Colt in combat, he proclaimed the need for a real “man stopper,” and with the .45 ACP, he got it.
.45 ACP cartridge has precise specifications, including:
- Case type: rimless and straight
- Bullet diameter: .452 inches
- Neck diameter: .473 inches
- Base diameter: .476 inches
- Rim diameter: .480 inches
- Case length: .898 inches
- Overall length: 1.275 inches
- Case Capacity: 25 gr H2O
- Rifling twist: 1 in 16 in (406mm)
- Maximum pressure: 21,000 psi
Sellier & Bellot has been manufacturing quality target rounds in the Czech Republic since 1825. These FMJ rounds were created specifically for training purposes, whether target, tactical, or plinking. They weigh 230 grain, which is an impressive, heavy weight. Muzzle velocity is 853 feet per second, proving they can still zip down-range at a decent pace, and muzzle energy is 372 foot-pounds. .45 ACP’s real talent is punching devastating holes in targets, and these rounds will give you the practice necessary to improve your marksmanship with the powerful caliber. There are 50 rounds in this box, so order one – or two – and make your big handgun happy by treating it to a day at the range.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Sellier & Bellot is my most favorite ammo brand. It's reliable, affordable and semi clean. I've tried a lot of other ...
Nice, but expensive.on 12/21/2016
Nice and clean ammo. Cases clean right up for reloading. Not too much carbon build up on outside of pistol. Inside has some evidence of unburnt powder. Adverse amount of recoil felt. Adverse grouping at 75 feet, off hand without a rest, 3-5 inches. At 45 feet group all was smaller than my palm print. At 21 feet grouping was smaller than a tennis ball, and most of the group was golf ball size. Size of the box being smaller than most 50 count boxes helps keep storage size down to a minimum. Only the $20 dollar price was what I feel is a bit steep. All in all, a real nice practice and plinking round. Zero failures of any type were to be had out of 250 rounds.
Favorite brand....on 8/4/2014
Sellier & Bellot is my most favorite ammo brand. It's reliable, affordable and semi clean. I've tried a lot of other brands and I would rather wait for this brand to come back into stock, rather than using another brand. I also like the compact packaging size this brand comes in. I can store more ammo in a smaller space. I also try to use this brand for all of my caibers.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 230gr FMJ .45 ACP Ammo by Sellier & Bellot
- Hello do you guys sell 38 super auto ammo It’s a colt 38 super auto Posted On: 4/13/2022 By: Omar Gastelum
- Thanks for reaching out Omar! We do offer Remington, Federal and Prvi Partizan's 38 Super whenever we're able to get it in our warehouse. I regret that we're out of stock presently, but we do update our inventory constantly. I hope you'll check back in again soon!