- Manufacturer Tula
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 124gr
- Projectile Type Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Steel
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber 7.62x39mm
- Manufacturer SKU UL076209
- Primer Type Berdan
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 2330
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 1702
- Magnetic Yes
- UPC Barcode 814950015089
- Q & A
This ammo’s 124 grain full metal jacket projectiles will attract a magnet. This is because Tula uses what is called a “bi-metal” jacket. The bullet’s core is made of conventional lead, but its exterior is nearly 100 percent steel. Only a thin layer of copper wash gives the bullet the appearance of an otherwise normal FMJ. Many ranges do not allow patrons to fire bi-metal jacketed FMJs on their premises because they have a higher damage of creating sparks, ricocheting and damaging range equipment, so make certain your range is A-OK with Tula before you invest in an entire case of their ammo.
This ammo’s cases are made of pure steel, with a thin coating of low-friction polymer to smooth out feeding and extraction. The chief drawback with steel cases is that they are not suitable for handloading, but don’t worry about this ammo’s Berdan primers. They perform indistinguishably from the Boxer primers American manufacturers typically utilize, and they are just as noncorrosive.
Add your review to this 1000 Rounds of 124gr FMJ 7.62x39 Ammo by Tula
- Does the 7.62x39 Tula or WOLF brands ammo have varnish on casings? Posted On: 2/22/2016 By: pw
- Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us about that ammunition. Both the Wolf and Tula ammunition features a polymer coated steel case. The benefit to polymer is that it has a much higher melting point than lacquer so there is very little concern of that coating coming off in the chamber.