- Manufacturer Blazer Brass
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 180gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber .40 S&W
- Manufacturer SKU 5220
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 985
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10076683052206
- Cost Per Round 49.9¢ per round
- Q & A
On April 11, 1986, the bloody battle now known as the FBI Miami Shootout took place between serial bank robbers and FBI agents. At the end of the firefight, Special Agents Jerry Dove and Benjamin Grogan were dead and five other agents had been wounded. Grogan, in fact, was a well-known marksman, but lost his glasses during the fight. And although the agents took down the robbers, the price was far too high. When the analysis was concluded, the FBI wanted better firepower, and Smith and Wesson’s answer was the .40 S&W.
And when it comes to .40 S&W, Blazer makes good rounds. They’re part of CCI, a company founded by Richard Speer more than 60 years ago, and they’re known for excellence. CCI’s plant is located in Lewiston, Idaho, right near the banks of the Snake River. And there, by the woods and water, quality ammunition has been manufactured for decades. These are new production, non-corrosive rounds with fresh brass, boxer-primed cases. Once you burn through the box, you can collect your spent brass, reload, and hit the range again.
It’s nice to have some heft to your .40 S&W rounds, and at 180 grain, these are moderately heavy. Their greater weight better simulates the power of defense rounds, so it’s great for tactical training. They’re FMJ rounds, so they don’t expand and penetrate targets fully; they’re made for target practice and plinking. They have great muzzle velocity at 1,000 feet per second and hit hard with a muzzle energy of 400 foot-pounds. With 1,000 rounds in this box, you can keep your mags loaded and your gun firing for awhile. Get your order in and find out how CCI earned their reputation.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
I like it very accurate when you take your time to focus and aim small.
Add your review to this Blazer Brass 180gr FMJ .40 S&W Ammo
- When will you have more brass .40cal....blazer 50 round boxes in? I saw that’s all you guys were selling it by now and that you had them in stock but I can’t find them. Says all 40 cal out of stock but that was on the 9th. Posted On: 1/13/2021 By: Scott
- Thanks for reaching out Scott! We're out of 40 S&W at the present moment, but we update our inventory frequently. I hope you'll check back in again soon to see how we can be of better help to you. The ongoing ammo drought is still going strong, but we do often have 40 S&W in stock.
- Needs ammos for defence Posted On: 1/9/2021 By: Casimiro olivares
- Thanks for reaching out Casimiro! I'm afraid we haven't got any 40 S&W in stock at this very moment, but we're still frequently updating our inventory even during this ammo drought. I hope you'll check back in again soon to see how we can be of better help to you!
- Hi, would like to buy 1000 rounds today. I was told Tuesday that these would be in today. Please call so I can get these purchased today. Thanks! Eric Posted On: 1/1/2021 By: Eric
- Hi Eric! You can see everything we have got in stock here: ammoforsale.com/.40-s-w-ammo-for-sale. We do indeed have this ammo in stock, but we're currently only offering by the box of 50.