- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 124gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU P9HST1
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1150
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 364
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465094621
- Cost Per Round 99.9¢ per round
- Q & A
If you carry your handgun for self defense, you keep it loaded with good quality, reliable defense ammunition. And if you use defense rounds you know there are a few features you should be looking for; right near the top of that list is the ability to retain weight. Some bullets have issues with weight retention caused by problems like the jacket separating from the core, and some don’t expand properly. Federal’s Premium Law Enforcement HST rounds are made to combat those problems with a pre-skived bullet that expands into tough lead petals which protect the cutting copper petals behind them. Those petals create maximum penetration and the ability to blow through barriers as expected by FBI standards.
These HST rounds are made for your 9mm and are a lightweight 124 grain. Being lighter weight gives them the advantage of greater speed, and they’re still heavy enough to deliver good stopping power. These are Jacketed Hollow Points; they deliver controlled expansion on impact as partially described above, penetrating deeply to create a devastating wound channel and to stop your attacker in their tracks. Each round flies down-range with impressive speed at a muzzle velocity of 1150 feet per second and slams into the target with a muzzle energy of 364 foot-pounds. These defense rounds deliver with superior weight retention and top-of-the-line penetration capabilities, even boring through heavy clothing.
When you place your order for this single box of ammunition from Federal you get 50 defense rounds. Those 50 rounds enable you to keep your gun and spare mags loaded for personal defense, but you should keep in mind the importance of getting range time in with your chosen defense rounds. Defense ammunition has more power than target rounds do, and if you only practice with target rounds you won’t be able to make accurate follow-up shots with your defense rounds. Federal manufactures ammunition at their plant in Anoka, Minnesota, and each round adheres to strict standards. Order extra boxes and put in some practice; what price tag does your life, or the lives of those you love, have?
Add your review to this Federal 124gr JHP 9mm Ammo
- Are these legal in New Jersey for home defense purposes? Posted On: 7/3/2020 By: Thomas Maggio
- Thanks for reaching out Thomas! Full disclaimer here: What I'm about to tell you does not constitute legal advice and all that good stuff. That said, it's my understanding that in New Jersey it is legal to own a firearm and hollow point bullets, but illegal to carry them outside of a residence without a permit. To that extent it is legal to use this ammo for home defense. The NJSP has some more info about this on their site: njsp.org/firearms/transport-hollowpoint.shtml.
- Will this work good in my glock 48 and Taurus g2c Posted On: 6/29/2020 By: Michael Needling
- Oh yes, very well – this is a top shelf self-defense cartridge developed for law enforcement professionals, made in Minnesota, and optimized to function seamless in a broad range of firearms. The HST projectile both penetrates and expands extremely reliably, and your semi-automatics should have no difficulty rapidly cycling these rounds' nickel-plated brass cases. I know several cops who swear by this stuff!
- Hello, New to firearms. I have a Glock 19, will this ammo be sufficient? Thanks. Posted On: 6/23/2020 By: Justin Gragg
- Better than sufficient – this is one of the best lines of self-defense ammo on the market, and it will function correctly in your G19. I would also advise getting some FMJ ammo for target practice. It is more economical with its non-expanding bullet, and performs similarly to self-defense ammo so you can practice with your handgun. Federal's American Eagle label is extremely popular for range shooting: ammoforsale.com/federal-9mm-ammo-for-sale-9mm124fmjae-50
- Hi...is this good for a GLOCK 43 Posted On: 6/16/2020 By: RONNI
- This self-defense ammo should function correctly in a G43. You may have an easier time handling a subcompact with 115 grain bullets, but we currently only have range ammo with that bullet weight in stock.
- Is the ready to ship quantity accurate looking at 50 Rounds of 124gr JHP HST 9mm Ammo by Federal Law Enforcement Posted On: 4/7/2020 By: Eric
- Hello Eric! As I write we have 75 boxes of this ammo in stock and ready to ship. We hope some of them can find a home with you.
- just would like to know if the 124 gr. hst NON +P have a bonded jacket to bullet? thanks, Mark Posted On: 1/19/2016 By: are the jackets and bullets bonded?
- Hello Mark, The HST is not a bonded bullet design. Federal uses a mechanical locking of the jacket to the core to resist jacket separation.