- Manufacturer Federal
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU 45D
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 850
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 369
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 029465089047
- Q & A
When you’re fighting for your life, your body dumps massive amounts of adrenaline into your system to get you through it, hopefully in one piece. That adrenaline dump makes your heart race, increases respirations, and makes your muscles shake, among other things, and it’s almost impossible to replicate in day-to-day situations. What you can do is replicate some of the physical side effects, and doing so at the range is an excellent way to get realistic self-defense training in. Doing push-ups, wind sprints, jumping jacks, and burpees immediately prior to firing your gun helps you gain experience shooting with your heart pounding and muscles shaking, and that’s experience you want.
Aside from realistic training you also need the right ammunition. Practicing with target rounds is all well and good for the bulk of the time, but target rounds don’t produce as much power as defense rounds. In order to make sure you can maintain accuracy with defense rounds, you need to train with them. Yes, it costs more money, but it’s well worth it. After all, what price tag does a human life have? Spend more than a little time running defense rounds through your gun to make sure your shot placement and follow-up shot accuracy is not just good but great.
These are heavy 230 grain rounds. They’re JHPs and deliver rapid energy transfer and controlled expansion immediately upon immediately, penetrating more deeply than standard HPs for a larger, more devastating wound cavity. Each round has a muzzle velocity of 850 feet per second and muzzle energy of 369 foot-pounds. These are Federal’s Hi-Shok defense rounds, and there are 50 rounds in this single box of ammunition. Federal manufactures ammunition at their plant in Anoka, Minnesota. Place your order to keep your .45 ACP loaded with high-quality American-made defense rounds.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 230gr JHP Hi-Shok .45 ACP Ammo by Federal Classic
- I own a S&W "Judge" which can use 45 cal., 45 cal. auto, and 410 shotgun shells - I want to purchase some standard 45 cal. shells - not the ones that can be used in an automatic. What do you recommend? I'm not sure what the ACP means in the description. Posted On: 9/21/2021 By: Charles H. Stevenson
- Thanks for reaching out Charles! I'm afraid I'm not sure which revolver you own. The Taurus Judge is only designed for 45 Colt (aka 45 Long Colt or 45 LC) and 410 Bore ammunition. It is not meant for 45 Automatic Colt Pistol (ACP). The S&W Governor, on the other hand, can fire 45 Colt, 410 Bore and 45 ACP.
I regret that we haven't got any 45 Colt ammunition in stock at the moment. We have got a healthy supply of 45 ACP you could fire if you have a Governor and not a Judge. But if you can find it, Remington Performance WheelGun 45 Colt ammo is excellent.