- Manufacturer Speer
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 124gr
- Projectile Type TMJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 1000
- Caliber 9mm
- Manufacturer SKU 53651
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1090
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 327
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 10076683536515
- Cost Per Round 30.0¢ per round
- Q & A
Being a high-volume shooter is about more than just slinging a bunch of lead down-range, it’s about honing your marksmanship skills to become a more proficient shooter overall. There are a number of excellent drills you can do to improve particular skills, and with a nice, big box of ammo, you can make some good headway. One popular exercise is the Mozambique Drill which involves putting two rounds to center mass with a third and final shot to the head. The Mozambique Drill was fine-tuned by Col. Jeff Cooper and is an excellent self-defense drill. There are others you can do as well because the reality is that none of us is ever without the need to learn and improve.
This ammunition is made by Speer for your 9mm. It’s lightweight at just 124 grain so it won’t create excessive felt recoil and each round is capable of reaching higher speeds. These are Total Metal Jacket (TMJ) rounds, so they don’t expand on impact. TMJ rounds have a fully enclosed bullet, meaning there won’t be any lead released into the air when you fire a round, and that’s good not only for your lungs but for the lungs of everyone at your local range. Each round flies towards your target with a muzzle velocity of 1090 feet per second and hits home with a muzzle energy of 327 foot-pounds. These rounds are fantastic for target practice, shooting drills, and those days you just want to tear holes in a bunch of stationary targets.
When you order this case of ammunition from Speer you’re going to get 1000 target rounds, and if that isn’t absolutely fantastic, we don’t know what is. With 1000 rounds you can spend hours running through various drills and exercises, and by the time you reach the bottom of the box your marksmanship skills will have improved – how much is entirely up to you. And because Speer manufactures this ammunition in fresh brass cases with boxer primer, it can be reloaded, making this an even better deal. Speer manufactures ammunition at their longtime plant in Lewiston, Idaho, right along the banks of the Snake River. Your 9mm is hungry, so feed it!
Great Company, Service, Product!on 6/19/2020
Great customer service exhibited by Joel. Quick responses and very courteous. I've already purchased from this company twice. In less than one week my order was in. Second Order I placed shipped same day. I know where to go for my training academy and agency's needs. Thanks. You have won over a good customer, and I have a good reliable source for my ammo needs.
Add your review to this 1000 Rounds of 124gr TMJ RN 9mm Ammo by Speer
- Can this be delivered to north Carolina Posted On: 7/1/2021 By: Tristan Englehart
- Yes sir! We can ship to anyone's doorstep in North Carolina so long as the recipient is 21 or older.
- Good afternoon can this be deliver to California? Posted On: 6/10/2021 By: Alfredo Hernndez
- Sorry sir, but state law prevents us from shipping to California. I hope that will change soon!
- Can this ammo be used for a Beretta APX Semi Auto Pistol 9mm Posted On: 6/4/2021 By: Peter
- Yes sir, absolutely! Should function seamlessly in a 9mm APX. Just take care not to fire a TMJ bullet through a ported barrel or pistol compensator. Your APX hasn't got one unless you have modified it, but a port can shave a sliver of a TMJ bullet's jacket off and deflect it back at the shooter. Not pleasant!
- What does TMJ RN mean Posted On: 6/15/2020 By: Patrick Lee
- Hi Patrick! TMJ stands for "Total Metal Jacket. It's a type of bullet jacket that, unlike an FMJ, additionally encapsulates the base of the bullet's core to prevent propellant gasses from evaporating lead during ignition. RN stands for "Round Nose," which simply describes the bullet's profile (contrast to FN for "Flat Nose.")