- Manufacturer Speer
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 180gr
- Projectile Type JHP
- Ammo Use Type Self Defense
- Casing Type Nickel-Plated Brass
- Quantity 50
- Caliber .40 S&W
- Manufacturer SKU 53962
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 1025
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 420
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 076683539625
- Q & A
This round’s 180 grain bullet is a bonded jacketed hollow point. Because its copper jacket is electrochemically fused to its alloyed lead core, the Gold Dot bullet is tough enough to retain virtually 100% of its weight when it penetrates ballistic gelatin – even when that gelatin is covered by heavy clothing, sheet metal, plywood or wall board. Such outstanding weight retention is the reason for the Gold Dot’s ability to penetrate soft tissue to an effective depth for personal protection.
The Gold Dot JHP is similarly designed for reliable terminal expansion. Its nose cavity is engineered to yield rapid and uniform expansion, and its jacket’s long skives facilitate expansion even when the bullet arrives at its target with relatively low kinetic energy. All these features add up to deliver outstanding terminal ballistics according to the FBI test protocol!
The Gold Dot JHP’s smooth feeding nose profile perfectly complements its low-friction nickel-plated brass cases. Your semi-auto is assured even more reliable functionality by nickel’s innate ability to ward off corrosion, as well as CCI’s highly dependable noncorrosive Boxer primers.
Add your review to this 50 Rounds of 180gr JHP .40 S&W Ammo by Speer
- Do you ship it to me or to a FFL dealer Posted On: 10/27/2020 By: Norberto Santiago
- Hello Norberto! In most states we can ship directly to our customers. New York is an exception. For any questions you might have about our shipping I welcome you to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com or 800-581-0293.