- Manufacturer Winchester
- Condition New
- Bullet Weight 230gr
- Projectile Type FMJ
- Ammo Use Type Inside Range Training, Match Shooting, Range Training
- Casing Type Brass
- Quantity 100
- Caliber .45 ACP
- Manufacturer SKU USA45AVP
- Primer Type Boxer
- Muzzle Velocity (ft. per sec) 835
- Muzzle Energy (ft. pounds) 356
- Magnetic No
- UPC Barcode 020892214163
- Cost Per Round 55.0¢ per round
- Q & A
During the Moro Rebellion, which took place during the Philippine-American War, the US military discovered their current handguns were inadequate. The crazed charges of the Moros proved bold and probably adrenaline-laced enough to withstand not only the US Cavalry’s sidearms at the time but also their rifles, the .30-40 Krag. This realization that they needed greater firepower led to the Thompson-LaGarde tests of 1904, which involved testing various cartridges on cadavers. Long story short, this led to the creation of the .45 ACP by John Browning; yes, the man who is known for giving the firearms world many cartridges also delivered this one-shot stopper.
During the Thompson-LaGarde tests, it was duly noted that shot placement was incredibly important, and the military began increasing training efforts with soldiers. Training then was just as critical as it is today, and these FMJ rounds enable you to get some time in, whether target practice, tactical training, or even plinking. And they’re made using fresh brass, boxer-primed cases, so they can be reloaded. These are 230 grain rounds, so they’re heavy-duty and perform precisely as expected. They deliver a muzzle velocity of 835 feet per second and a muzzle energy of 356 foot-pounds, so you know they’re going to leave their mark on your targets.
Winchester has been around even longer than the .45 ACP. They were founded in 1866 by Oliver Winchester, and today the trademark is manufactured by the Olin Corporation. Production has always and will always take place in America with pride, and the company has a solid reputation for excellence. You get 100 rounds in this box of ammunition when you place your order, so you can work on weak-hand drills, drawing while prone, or whatever else you need or want to practice. And you get more for your dollar, too, because these are new production, non-corrosive, fresh brass, boxer-primed cases, so they’re reloadable.
Most Useful Review POSITIVE vs. NEGATIVE
Very excellent cartridge! Have use 600+ with no problems! Want a very good load? This is it!!! Look no further . . . ...
Add your review to this 100 Rounds of 230gr FMJ .45 ACP Ammo by Winchester
- Are these currently in stock and if so how long does it take to ship? I have never ordered rounds online before. Posted On: 3/21/2022 By: Christian Michels
- Thanks for reaching out Christian! We have 15 boxes of this ammo in stock as I type this, but we are likely going to run out shortly. Transit times are typically one to five business days depending on your proximity to our Richmond, VA warehouse. Hope we get the chance to earn your business!